Best way of making money?

What is the best way to make lots of money in Terraria?

• Farm pre-hardmode events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Farm hardmode events

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Farm pre-hardmode bosses

• Farm hardmode bosses

• Sell lots of bars/ores

• Sell critters

• Stanied glass/gemspark blocks

• Fight/farm enemies

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First, allow me to contextualize my perspective:
  1. If it's not fun/ enjoyable, don't do it. Getting too caught up in metagaming can sap the fun out of any videogame. "...given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game." -Soren Johnson and Sid Meier
  2. Find what you enjoy doing the most in Terraria, and do more of that thing! I say this in confidence in 1.4+, only because the number of ways to play effectively have been dramatically improved (i.e. Fishing, Township/ Colonizing, Building, Farming [food/ resources], Buying/ Selling).
  3. Once you gain confidence in your methods of obtaining Gold, just slowly start optimizing that, and pulling back somewhat on optimizing for the usual suspects, such as Invasions, Boss Fights etc. This might mean wearing full Fisherman Gear/ Items; full Money-making gear such as Greedy Ring, Discount Card, using NPC Happiness/ Tax Collector NPC.
The BEST way is normally the most enjoyable way IMHO. 🙏😇

I just go to my RoD farm if I need money
the enemies drop decent amounts, and plenty of rare things that aren't RoDs drop for me to sell too
I usually leave a farming session with almost a whole platinum coin
I've made a lot of money in one stream several times in my life. That night three dudes from Australia gave me 60-100 bucks each.
(Read the thread before you say anything, because this thread is for Making money IN TERRARIA and not irl.
Now you know for next time, so hopefully you don't make the same mistake!)

Pumpkin Moon if you can get to wave 15 quickly. Lots of coins and you can sell the dropped gear for more money. If you put an arena in the right place, it serves a dual purpose in allowing for farming of biome-specific drops like keys.

Solar Eclipse and Pirate Invasion are OK (plus give more items to equip / sell) if you're not strong enough yet to fight the Moon events.

I find that clearing out a massive region of the dungeon, best don’t pre-hard mode, then using it to farm once you have finished off planters is the best way to go. You can also do the same in the temple for less clutter from item drops, but this is less profitable. And then of course nothing I know of beats a pumpkin moon.

Back
Top Bottom