Other Bestiary : Copy and Paste (Just like World Seeds)

LIyahLIweth

Terrarian
Bestiary :

I really like the new bestiary, but I'd like to suggest if it was possible to include a option like : "Import bestiary" to another world" (journey > journey) (adventure > adventure)
The main idea here is a way to import and export bestiary data.

Why?

(personal reasons)

Because I'm always changing/switching worlds.. and If I want to start over, I don't want to hunt all the information again and again....and again

So if you want to start another world BUT with all bestiary data you collected so far. copy and paste the bestiary to the New world.
otherwise if you want to start from scratch/0 just create another world and go for the hunt again.

That's it.

THANKS

XOXO

Hi , i agree with you since i usually make 2 world for 1 character.

Indeed i often take my time (on 1.4 for example i've exactly 199hours of gameplay atm and i've kill 2mechs/3 ) and it can become a true mess with biome-spread because i don't rush bosses (the last biome-spread-related-boss is plantera as you know) so yeah , when plantera will be dead , i wouldn't be surprised if i am at around 250hours or even more (i build farm and trap a lot + many side things ^^) so yeah , when i'm able to go on plantera and kill it , i usualy make a new world at this point , move all my stuff , then rush WOF > Mechs > Plantera as quick as possible , then only at the moment i start to re-build all my stuff.

All that for said it will be nice if we was able to copy easily our data to an another world.

Why easily ? because it seem already possible with TEdit , so you may give it a try , but don't forget to backup your world file before , the 1.4 is pretty new so TEdit for 1.4 is still in beta (but often have update).

Hi , i agree with you since i usually make 2 world for 1 character.
{...}
All that for said it will be nice if we was able to copy easily our data to an another world.

Why easily ? because it seem already possible with TEdit , so you may give it a try , but don't forget to backup your world file before , the 1.4 is pretty new so TEdit for 1.4 is still in beta (but often have update).

Oh it's good to know TEdit can do that. I didn't know it was possible. .

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and support this idea, I hope devs can do something to help us with export bestiary using just the vanila.

XOXO

The problem with exporting/importing bestiary data is that the Zoologist progression is tied to it.

The problem with exporting/importing bestiary data is that the Zoologist progression is tied to it.

I don't see any problem with that. If you have already collected X% data so far and you don't want to start from 0. You will be able to use this system at will.
Also
She only appears if there is a house available. So the Guide, or merchant that is tied to world seed, they still are going to be the first NPC to start with you anyways.
You already have seen her. You know what she sells. You can go to your other world and bought things from her..
I mean it's pointless to NOT have import/export Bestiary Data.
Devs can make it happen and if you don't want to use, JUST don't. It's just an option not a mandatory system.

Off topic, I think zoologist is TOO damn OP to pre hardmode in terraria. Those items she sells are broken. 2 pets that help you with the teleport crystals and that hook early game that make your mine life easier.
She is tied to 10% bestiary or (52) info.
It should be increased to 25-40%. At random

Back
Top Bottom