Game Mechanics Bestiary of bosses can show all drops in treasure bag instead of only treasure bag in expert or master.

What value is the surprise? In Classic mode, it just shows the boss drops. It's not as though anything meaningful or mysterious is preserved by not showing the treasure bag contents. I think they should change it.
Besides, you can't see bosses in the bestiary until you kill them, so you would already know what the bag has anyway

Besides, you can't see bosses in the bestiary until you kill them, so you would already know what the bag has anyway
You can't see anything in the Bestiary untill you kill it.
That's not a reason to switch between Classic mode to look up the loot and Expert/Master whatever you actually play.

I guess it's not a bug but a way it was programmed in. The Bestiary entries were not manually created, but simply display loot tables, which in Expert/Master modes consist of bags only.

This isn't true at all, there are way more boss drops in bags than what you receive. For example we can take the very first boss in the game: Eye of Cthulhu, how often are you seeing binoculars? It's a 2.5% drop

There is no reason to keep the contents of the bag hidden, you might as well just look up a wiki to see the boss drops.

This isn't true at all, there are way more boss drops in bags than what you receive. For example we can take the very first boss in the game: Eye of Cthulhu, how often are you seeing binoculars? It's a 2.5% drop
Dang wouldn't wanna spoil the surprise of the binoculars.

None of the bags are drops are important enough to need to be hidden.

Dang wouldn't wanna spoil the surprise of the binoculars.

None of the bags are drops are important enough to need to be hidden.
I don't even know how to reply to this, both of these sound in support of the suggestion now.

Like yeah, you could argue that they aren't important so there's no need to keep them hidden? So then you should allow people to see the contents of the bag? It's really not that big of a deal, it's just helpful. It's not even a difficult change, I don't know why you would be against a basic QoL feature.

I don't even know how to reply to this, both of these sound in support of the suggestion now.

Like yeah, you could argue that they aren't important so there's no need to keep them hidden? So then you should allow people to see the contents of the bag? It's really not that big of a deal, it's just helpful. It's not even a difficult change, I don't know why you would be against a basic QoL feature.
I think I may be very confused about this thread. I thought it was a bug report that is in the wrong section. I do not think the drops should be hidden. I thought this thread was to report the fact that they are not hidden, and that they should be hidden.

Probably got confused because the OP gave almost no information.

Now I could be wrong about this, but I think maybe the reason they don't add them is because of Dev sets? Think about it, if they wanted to show all Expert drops from a Boss, they'd have to include the Dev sets, which include atleast a set of 3 vanity pieces each, though most even add dyes, wings, and even custom weapons. If it's because of that, they would perhaps have to implement a sort of way to have display of the fact they drop sets, without having to include each individual set, but since they probably don't have a solution right now, they just have to show the Expert bag.

Boss Bestiary should show the Bag drop as 100%, with every possible item below it, except Developer Outfits.

Back
Top Bottom