Console Better Multiplayer Intergration?

SkylerArmor

Terrarian
Hi, im a long time fan of terraria since it first came to consoles. I enjoy the game very much, and I applause 505 for bringing us the updates. Im thankful for their work & dedication. just wanna put this out there.

so, as a lone player that doesnt have much social interaction with others, im quite disapproved with myself. when the 1.2 came out I started playing & enjoying myself with a couple people i added that play the game aswell. weeks or so later, I started to play the game less. So, now its been a year I think, after learning the news of an update (1.2.4) and discovering I missed the previous, I started getting into the terraria craze again. I load up my old character & began exploring & crafting the new stuff. now as I was playing It felt empty, so i decided to go to the internet to find people to play with..

But I have searched for countless hours to just find usernames on other forums, post, threads... Even videos on youtube. but even so if I find these usernames to add, its a waiting game for them to even friend you. 99% of the time, I just delete the request because it would be DAYS since I sent it. I just give on trying to find players to add JUST to be on the same world.

I've searched online and found a rumor on joining random people's games without them being your friend. through leaderboard. & I've also heard the "join game" tap actually worked (without the friends only). now I cant say these are or were actually in the game, but what im tryna say is, wouldnt it be nice to actually join random strangers & help them with their adventure?

not sure if this type of thread was done before but if so feel free to lock & send me to its direction.

What about game like Battlefield? They have servers on console, they do exsist, but it's a lot more complicated to make a server system as a update, that requires a lot of code to be rearranged.

What about game like Battlefield? They have servers on console, they do exsist, but it's a lot more complicated to make a server system as a update, that requires a lot of code to be rearranged.
It might happen if 505 reads your post and try it with a public beta test like they did with WoT once...

Thanks for taking your precious time to reply to my post. You all have great ideas & opinions on this matter.

But its not that I hate the current multiplayer, as I can see problems with it becoming "world wide". Many bad players may just want to grief your world, leaving you to start over again.

Also, if we ever will get better online features it will probably be awhile if not never. 505 has alot of stuff to do with 1.2.4 & possibly 1.3 on their hands. so im guessing it might be until everything is settled down.

People with bad connection areas (eg: Mexico) lag a lot in multiplayer. They could create host options like Minecraft.

Back
Top Bottom