Weapons & Equip Better Ruler/Fishing Super Accessory

Squideer

Official Terrarian
Honestly I love to use these, But I just don't see the point in carrying them around with me. There are times where I do need those extra few spots in my Safe/Piggy Bank, Which ultimately leads me to not utilize these.

It happened with the PDA, And the Architect Gizmo Pack, Can this please happen with the following items: (Name suggestion open on the Fishing Accessory)

Accessory: Laser-Guided Ruler.
Materials:
Ruler.png
Toolbelt.png
Mechanical_Ruler.png

Crafting Station:
Tinkerer%27s_Workshop_%28placed%29.png

Tool Tip: Increases block placement range, Locks cursor to position granting only vertical or horizontal block placement.
To put it simply, All this does is stop your cursor from shifting around when you're trying to build/Run lengths of wire. (Smart Cursor has a bigger issue with this to be honest. :mad:)
The easiest way to picture this is to look at the Mechanical Ruler. It shows what block line your cursor is on currently horizontally and vertically.
VpMFaB7.png

What this accessory does is, When a player attempts to place blocks it traces the cursor's current position, Upon moving one block-length horizontally or vertically, It locks the cursor to that line it disables any other movement. (Players can still move the cursor up and down, However it's not possible to place bricks outside this line.
EM0X82x.png

This wears off once the player terminates block placement. (This means if the block line the cursor is locked to moves out of the player's Placement range, It will still be locked if the player is attempting to place blocks and the game will place nothing. Upon re-entering the player's Placement range, The accessory proceeds as normal)

Accessory: <Name here>
Materials:
High_Test_Fishing_Line.png

Crafting Station:
Tinkerer%27s_Workshop_%28placed%29.png

Tool Tip: Increases fishing level, Decreases bait consumption and line breaking.​
Stacked with my Building Accessories, I just can't carry all of these around. Those extra slots, While they may seem minimal, Can help a ton when you really need them.

yep you have my full support here
for the fishing accessory how about fishing tech or something to that nature... yeah the name is tricky
have it be a hook, fishing line and tackle box

How about the three fishing accessories combine into a Stocked Tackle box, and then that item combines with Lava Waders, to become Sportsman's Waders and the people across Terraratopiapopolisvilleistan rejoice at one more step toward justice for all.

This makes perfect sense with fishing waders being an iconic piece of fisherman's garb that tends to hold all his gear:

Also, this makes sense as the inspiration for a prospective combined item icon.
fullwaders.jpg

Why can't waders be lava repellent and off messianic walking powers? I don't see why not. In fact I'm going to pitch it right now to :red:'s Sporting Goods. If any of you try to rip me off I'll sue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom