biome terrariums

Bonabopn

Official Terrarian
Hi! c:
I'm planning on building huge terrariums for specific biomes, and i would like some help.
First, how big should they be? It needs to be big enough to change the biome for the correct enemies and fish to spawn.
Currently my prototype is 96x54 blocks and looks like this
LfmmMI3.png

http://imgur.com/LfmmMI3
Second, does anyone have any suggestions, or has anyone seen something similar made before? I'd like to see other people's designs.

Interesting idea :), sort of a mini-Terraria within Terraria. According to the Biome page on the wiki, you need to have the required amount of biome specific blocks within an area of 100x86 blocks when standing in the middle. But you also want spawns. Then it need to be at least 168x94 blocks, according to the NPC Spawn page on the wiki.

Because I want to be able to explore the biome a little, I always make mine larger than what's needed. I will have about 3 screens-worth of blocks horizontally and 2 screens vertically. You might want to make sure there is some space between the biomes so they don't keep changing when you don't want them to.

Oh, and of course, the clentaminator is your best friend. :)

Are you interested in any help with this project op? If you were ok with it I would like to help you build it, or at the very least would like to see the world when it's done :)

Are you interested in any help with this project op? If you were ok with it I would like to help you build it, or at the very least would like to see the world when it's done :)
I prefer to do it myself, but thank you for offering.

Back
Top Bottom