Weapons & Equip Biome weapon rebalancing

Fortanono 🌳

Retinazer
This here is a compilation of ideas relating to the Biome Chest weapons. First, a buff to the Frost Hydra that also makes it more unique.

Frostbite (debuff)
Decreases movement speed by 5%
Frost Hydra has a 100% chance to inflict it
Stacks 10 times, up to a 50% speed decrease

This will help the Frost Hydra's sucky projectile velocity, and makes it so it now has a unique gimmick again, since there are now many more turrets.

Second, there is a new class introduced in 1.3: The Throwing Class! So, a few changes here:

Vampire Knives
Now does throwing damage

Scourge of the Corruptor
Now does throwing damage

Well, what about the melee weapon? Well, I've got just the thing: Introducing the new Desert biome weapon! It's got an underground version, so why must it not have one? And it also fixes a weapon type that has been left in the dust: Flails.

Desert Key
0.04% drop from any Desert/Underground Desert enemies
Opens the Desert Chest post-Plantera

Desert Chest
Found in the Dungeon
Opened with the Desert Key
Contains the Sandstorm on a Chain, 100%

Sandstorm on a Chain
80 melee damage
37 use time (Very Slow)
8 knockback (Extreme)
Rains down sand particles from the flail head like a Nimbus Rod's raindrops. These do 20% damage.

What do you think?

I agree with the Hydra buff, and the addition of a Desert Chest, but not much else. The idea of changing Vampire Knives and the Scourge was brought up in another thread, and the change seems really unnecessary. Not to mention that the Scourge is actually a spear. Changing existing items that already work well in order to expand upon a damage type that is too under-represented in terms of armour and accessories doesn't agree with me. There are only 2 armour sets that affect throwing damage weapons, as far as I know, both of which are found in Prehardmode.
The Desert Chest weapon is cool, but it just doesn't seem to be as unique as the other biome chest weapons, to me. It just seems to be a flail that launches particles, and the name just doesn't gel with me.
Sorry, but no support.

I agree with the Hydra buff, and the addition of a Desert Chest, but not much else. The idea of changing Vampire Knives and the Scourge was brought up in another thread, and the change seems really unnecessary. Not to mention that the Scourge is actually a spear. Changing existing items that already work well in order to expand upon a damage type that is too under-represented in terms of armour and accessories doesn't agree with me. There are only 2 armour sets that affect throwing damage weapons, as far as I know, both of which are found in Prehardmode.
The Desert Chest weapon is cool, but it just doesn't seem to be as unique as the other biome chest weapons, to me. It just seems to be a flail that launches particles, and the name just doesn't gel with me.
Sorry, but no support.
Alright. IMO, if the VK/SotC isn't changed, there should be a throwing weapon in the Desert Chest.

Back
Top Bottom