Blocks & Decoration Block Link Toggler

Varsia

Empress of Light
Yet another fairly small suggestion.

So, some blocks don't link to others, no matter how much you try. And sometimes you don't want them to link.

So...

Block Link Toggler

Toggles the link between blocks.
+2 range
Sold by the Cyborg, 1 gold.

Now, how do you operate it?
Step 1: Click the block to link. All non-air adjacent blocks will light up with the same effect as having the Smart Cursor.
Step 2: Click any of these to toggle the link between the two blocks.
Step 3: Unequip, click the selected block or click an air block to remove the selection.

With this, you can have much smoother builds when using blocks like gemspark (Don't link to anything other than themselves), and other such blocks that are just annoying to work with because they can't link to anything.
Or you could have large cracks in your build through unlinked blocks.

Notes:
-It will try to use a "natural" link first (One specifically make for that combination), but if it can't, it will use the sprites for linking it to another block of it's type.

That's all.

Last edited:
Helpful for building, pretty nifty.
And will it light up things around you? What is the range of it?
Sorry if it is in there and I didn't see it.

Helpful for building, pretty nifty.
And will it light up things around you? What is the range of it?
Sorry if it is in there and I didn't see it.
I guess it should have +2 range, like a fair few of the building utilities.
And, no, it would not light things up around you.

You mean when two blocks don't merge ?
I dont think that's possible.
Afaik each block is actually hard-coded to be merging (or not) with x or y blocks; at least in tAPI.
Otherwise, I'd like to have your tool.

You mean when two blocks don't merge ?
I dont think that's possible.
Afaik each block is actually hard-coded to be merging (or not) with x or y blocks; at least in tAPI.
Otherwise, I'd like to have your tool.
I mean exactly that.

This would take either some kind of brilliant sprite-melding code or a ridiculous amounts of spriting. All though I would like this, It would be a huge hassle.

Here's a pretty typical block graph for hellstone

Tiles_58[1].png

Hellstone only merges with other hellstone ore blocks and ash. Allowing it to meld with all the other blocks would require massive amounts of sprite work, and this is hellstone ore alone.

This would take either some kind of brilliant sprite-melding code or a ridiculous amounts of spriting. All though I would like this, It would be a huge hassle.

Here's a pretty typical block graph for hellstone

View attachment 42132

Hellstone only merges with other hellstone ore blocks and ash. Allowing it to meld with all the other blocks would require massive amounts of sprite work, and this is hellstone ore alone.
What you could do is just use the hellstone ore-hellstone ore block merging.
It's not for making natural structures.
It will use a "natural" sprite if it can, but if it can't, it will use the sprite for merging it to itself.

What you could do is just use the hellstone ore-hellstone ore block merging.
It's not for making natural structures.
It will use a "natural" sprite if it can, but if it can't, it will use the sprite for merging it to itself.
That could work, the result may not be exactly pretty, but it works I guess.

I like it! I've had this problem with clay, grass and dirt in my natural builds, and this would solve a lot of problems! :D

Back
Top Bottom