Game Mechanics Block placement speed isn't fast enough – even when fully boosted.

I'm currently engaged in a building project that features making 17 tunnels that are about 400 blocks long each, and putting down the blocks along the ceiling and floor for each tunnel has been reminding me how annoying it is that the player's base speed is too fast to just hold A or D and Mouse1 – even with the gizmo pack and builder buff. There NEEDS to be a way to adjust things so building speed and walking speed synergize better. I don't care if it comes in a way where building speed is further boosted, or a potion is added that inflicts a modest speed debuff, or there's just a slider in the options menu to slow the base character speed down. This is something that has been needed since Terraria existed so building long pathways is less of a hassle.

Side note: I've tried using the Bee, Turtle, and Lava Shark mounts to slow down my ground speed, but they're 1) too tall for the tunnels I'm making and 2) just a little too slow to take advantage of the build boost.

But then you have to place the rails, and the build speed is too slow for that!
If you go at top speed, yes, it is too slow, but you can go way slower while riding the minecart. At least I remember it being slow enough to be able to place tracks at the same speed as the slowed down minecart.

If you go at top speed, yes, it is too slow, but you can go way slower while riding the minecart. At least I remember it being slow enough to be able to place tracks at the same speed as the slowed down minecart.
Adding an extra step of laying a minecart track down is helpful only for a small portion of projects, and then you have to remove the track again if you didn't want one there. This doesn't address the basic problem of placement speed being too slow in too many situations for a game that (going by its slogan) is about 1/4 building stuff.

Back
Top Bottom