Blood Moon-Lord Theory

Impostor

The Axe
I have a theory that the Moon-Lord is always aware of the player. Once you get enough health, He summons blood moons to slow down the player to stop them from getting out of control.

After defeating one of the Mech-Bosses that the cultists forced the mechanic to build, He gets angry and causes solar eclipses to directly impede your efforts.

I find the solar eclipse part a bit flawed. if the blood moon covered the sun creating said eclipse, would there also be a red tint and blood moon entities Aswell? And during a Blood moon, you have a chance to fish up enemies, but in the eclipse, the fishing is barely changed.

Maybe instead of a blood moon covering the sun, the Moon Lord just parks the moon in front of the sun like a car or something

Last edited:
I find the solar eclipse part a bit flawed. if the blood moon covered the sun creating said eclipse, would there also be a red tint and blood moon entities Aswell? And during a Blood moon, you have a chance to fish up enemies, but in the eclipse, the fishing is barely changed.
I have 2 explanations for that, a realistic one and a lore one. Realistic one is that blood moons only happen when the Moon is on the other side of the Earth of the sun, Which means the Earth has to be between the sun and moon for it to happen, Which can't be possible during an eclipse since the Moon has to be between the Sun and Earth.

Lore is that I think the blood moon is more of an inconvenience than an attack. I think the Moonlord would just be playing along with your progress and trying to frighten you with blood and disrupt activities like fishing at night. During the Eclipse he doesn't really care about trying to unnerve you with blood or anything, He just summons all the monsters he can find with stuff like disrupting fishing being low priority for him
Maybe instead of a blood moon covering the sun, the Moon Lord just parks the moon in front of the sun like a car or something
That's what I was thinking as well, Not a blood moon but just the regular moon
The Lunar Towers keep him stuck on the moon
Don't forget the last dryad as well

I have 2 explanations for that, a realistic one and a lore one. Realistic one is that blood moons only happen when the Moon is on the other side of the Earth of the sun, Which means the Earth has to be between the sun and moon for it to happen, Which can't be possible during an eclipse since the Moon has to be between the Sun and Earth.

Lore is that I think the blood moon is more of an inconvenience than an attack. I think the Moonlord would just be playing along with your progress and trying to frighten you with blood and disrupt activities like fishing at night. During the Eclipse he doesn't really care about trying to unnerve you with blood or anything, He just summons all the monsters he can find with stuff like disrupting fishing being low priority for him

That's what I was thinking as well, Not a blood moon but just the regular moon

Don't forget the last dryad as well
Wait... is the moon lord existent before you beat WoF, of is he one of the spirits the WoF unleashes?

Wait... is the moon lord existent before you beat WoF, of is he one of the spirits the WoF unleashes?
I assumed Moonlord was distinct from the two spirits of light/dark. Brain of Cthulu might be his brain (or just a part of it) but I always saw him a lot less intervened in the conflict of Crimson/Corruption vs Hallow, and that he and EoL just kind of ignore each other. I just imagine him mostly watching over the world though until Hardmode, When he then decides to take action by sending the Mech Bosses (and subsequently causes eclipses when you defeat one)

I assumed Moonlord was distinct from the two spirits of light/dark. Brain of Cthulu might be his brain (or just a part of it) but I always saw him a lot less intervened in the conflict of Crimson/Corruption vs Hallow, and that he and EoL just kind of ignore each other. I just imagine him mostly watching over the world though until Hardmode, When he then decides to take action by sending the Mech Bosses (and subsequently causes eclipses when you defeat one)
Calamari from the moon.

Back
Top Bottom