Items Bloodcatcher Arrows

TerraAssassin

Skeletron Prime
The Bloodcatcher Arrow is an idea I have for a new Crimson-exclusive arrow, seeing how the Corruption sports both the Unholy and Cursed Arrows, versus the sole Ichor Arrows found in the Crimson.
This arrow can act as a direct equivalent to the Unholy Arrows.

Defining Function
The main function of the Bloodcatcher Arrow will pretty much be the opposite of what the Unholy Arrow can perform. Instead of piercing through multiple enemies, the Bloodcatcher Arrow will stick to whatever enemy it hits first and inflict the Bleeding debuff, dealing constant damage, similar to how the Bone Javelin and the Daybreak work. After about 7 to 10 seconds, the arrows stuck will disappear, and the Bleeding debuff will be removed from the enemy it stuck to.

How to Obtain
- Of course, the world will have to have Crimson to initially obtain them. It will always be dropped by the Eye of Cthulhu, the Arms Dealer will sell them occasionally as well, and can be found breaking pots in a Hardmode world.

As for crafting them, players will need 5 Wooden Arrows and 1 Crimera Fang (a possible new crafting material that can be used to craft these new arrows) and go by an anvil to yield 5 Bloodcatcher Arrows, reflecting the crafting recipie for Unholy Arrows.

Stats
Damage = 9
Knockback = 3
Velocity = 3

And that's what I have for this idea. Leave some comments down below telling me what you think! I'd really appreciate it!

Unholy arrows are Crimson and corruption :p I see your point, but cursed and ichor are counters. Felt a need to point that out. But still pretty cool.

Seems pretty good, seeing as the Crimson is still missing some counterpart items. However, you said that the arrows inflict Bleeding, which is a debuff that prevents natural health regen and would useless against enemies. Are you suggesting a new debuff?

Seems pretty good, seeing as the Crimson is still missing some counterpart items. However, you said that the arrows inflict Bleeding, which is a debuff that prevents natural health regen and would useless against enemies. Are you suggesting a new debuff?
Possibly something similar to the Penetrated debuff would work, then

Back
Top Bottom