Weapons & Equip Boats

FrostyB

Terrarian
Boats are well..boats. you can use them in water at any time, it could also help with fishing.

There are a few boats, one being a wood boat, one being a iron/lead boat, and one being a speedboat.
The wood boat requires 30 Wood (any type) and 5 Silk to make.
The iron boat requires 20 Iron/Lead Bars and you guessed it, 5 Silk to make.
And, the speedboat requires 50 Wires, 10 Asphalt Blocks and 20 Platinum/Gold Bars.

The wood boat can be destroyed by orca's or sharks, to make it realistic.
The iron boat can not be destroyed.
The speed boat is fast and can be destroyed if hit many times.

Last edited:
Boats are well..boats. you can use them in water at any time, it could also help with fishing.
Sounds like this could be developed into an interesting concept, but we need more detail. Some things out could include are obtaining (drop/crafting), is it a mount (or something new), how efficient is it (speed/other abilities.) I really like this, but I need a bit more explanation.

There are so few large bodies of water in Terraria that I find it difficult to see much application for a boat entity.

The Slimy Saddle is already quite close to a boat.

There are so few large bodies of water in Terraria that I find it difficult to see much application for a boat entity.

Good point, but I must say, it would be kinda cool

I can't edit this thread, so i'll explain it more like this.

There are a few boats, one being a wood boat, one being a iron/lead boat, and one being a speedboat.
The wood boat requires 30 Wood (any type) and 5 Silk to make.
The iron boat requires 20 Iron/Lead Bars and you guessed it, 5 Silk to make.
And, the speedboat requires 50 Wires, 10 Asphalt Blocks and 20 Platinum/Gold Bars.

The wood boat can be destroyed by orca's or sharks, to make it realistic.
The iron boat can not be destroyed.
The speed boat is fast and can be destroyed if hit many times.

is it a mount (or something new)
I imagine it would act something like the UFO mount, where you can't see your feet. Obviously you could only move across water with it though
there are so few uses for many items in game, so why do they still exist?
That is a good point, though. There really is nothing to counter that argument, other than my last point ~:p

I imagine it would act something like the UFO mount, where you can't see your feet. Obviously you could only move across water with it though

there are so few uses for many items in game, so why do they still exist?

That is a good point, though. There really is nothing to counter that argument, other than my last point ~:p
What items have few uses?

pretty much everything made from copper/tin, blowpipe (you can can a bow and make flaming arrows quickly), nanites, and everything else people never really use
Fair enough. Tin and copper aren't that useless however, they can make some quick and easy armor.

Back
Top Bottom