Weapons & Equip Bombs and rockets that consume blocks

Very similar to the dirt bomb, except they should consume the exact amount of blocks that are placed, and fall short of completing the radius from the center of there are not enough blocks. Blocks to be consumed could be specified by a block ammo slot, or like how the Rubblemaker chooses blocks.

I'd also suggest fixing the dirt bomb filling logic to match the aforementioned logic at the very least, as it essentially is an infinite dirt source.

Dirt Bombs are supposed to be an infinite dirt source. It's part of their design. Dirt isn't renewable in any other way. Anyway, these rockets would be used to very quickly fill space, which isn't a bad purpose, but I feel that they would be rather unsatisfying. You'd never get a clean fill with them, since the shape they fill and the way they're applied means there would be gaps, and if that matters with you, you'll probably need to go in and fill those gaps by hand.

Dirt Bombs are supposed to be an infinite dirt source. It's part of their design. Dirt isn't renewable in any other way. Anyway, these rockets would be used to very quickly fill space, which isn't a bad purpose, but I feel that they would be rather unsatisfying. You'd never get a clean fill with them, since the shape they fill and the way they're applied means there would be gaps, and if that matters with you, you'll probably need to go in and fill those gaps by hand.
Right, okay, never mind the dirt bomb revision, I understand that, but if we did get other block bombs they would have to be exact, and they could auto fill gaps they find.

Seems like a more complicated dirt bomb. Dirt bombs are fine as is IMO.
Dirt isn't renewable in any other way.
There's a few ways to get dirt through shimmer. A very handy way is to buy tons of dynasty wood, shimmer it into wood, then shimmer wood into dirt!

You can also buy tons of anvils from the merchant, shimmer them into iron bars, then iron ore, tin ore, copper ore, stone, and finally dirt. Any unwanted stone, wood, gems, and most ores (not hellstone/meteorite) can become dirt.

Back