Other Boss Health Bar Revamp

Icybow73

Terrarian
The Boss health bar, and addition in 1.4 is a great addition, but it could be much better. Here are some of my ideas:
Hovering over the health bar shows the exact health, or health is displayed on the bar itself
Allow there to be multiple health bars on the screen at once, and have them side by side on boss fights like the twins, having retinazer and spazmatism's health bars side by side.

I thought i had more ideas than just the three

Icybow73 said:
Hovering over the health bar shows the exact health
I much prefer a permanent fraction in the middle of the bar, especially since it's actually large enough. Not sure if it is already in place but my Plantera fight yesterday is pretty informative. Maybe that's an illusion of me as I tried to hover the mouse over her at all times (why wouldnt you when using a projectile sword)
Icybow73 said:
Allow there to be multiple health bars on the screen at once, and have them side by side on boss fights like the twins
I like the idea of the ability to have multiple bars. I think currently it only shows one.
However, I don't think the side-by-side layout will work. I feel like it's better to just stack them like in Minecraft. Although this will mean that trying to get "mecha mayhem" will result in about 30% of the screen covered in health bars
At least we have boss icons on the side (rather than on top of bottom of) the bars, so we can stack them tighter if the "flamboyant sticking-out-bits" are removed.

Back
Top Bottom