Bosses in The Old One's Army?!

Skulgan

Official Terrarian
So, I've decided for extra challenge, one can incorporate bosses in TOOA. Here's an Idea I had for how wave progression would go.

DISCLAIMER: I won't be including biome specific bosses, so no EOW, BOC, or Plantera. Also, I won't be adding Golem, The Queen Bee, Lunatic Cultist, and The Moon Lord. Golem because he's too stationary, Queen Bee - because let's be honest - She is pretty much skippable and barely appears in vanilla playthroughs, and The Moon Lord and Lunatic Cultist for obvious reasons. For dual bosses, I would recommend the Cheat Sheet mod so you can spawn two bosses in before the wave.
Also, Wave 7 won't have a boss.
Because Betsy.

I will also be adding reasons why each wave has a specific boss.

Wave 1: The Slime King
Mainly for the sake of popular boss progression, but some other reasons include how it will make the first wave harder by adding slimes into the mix, note that regular mobs and bosses can do damage to the crystal. So it will make the first wave a little less underwhelming and more challenging.

Wave 2: Eye of Cthulhu
Again, popular boss progression. Eye of Cthulhu will be less of a problem to the crystal, more of a problem to you. As the Eye of Cthulhu will charge at you while you are trying to fend off the army. If you aren't careful, the Eye of Cthulhu can easily overtake you and kill you, almost definitely resulting in a game over.

Wave 3: Skeletron
Progression. Skeletron is more of a problem to you. Skeletron will try to smack at you if you aren't careful enough, therefore, Skeletron and the army will require equal attention to take down.

Wave 4 (Pre-Hardmode): Twin Eye of Cthulhu
Mostly to avoid a difficulty gap, twice the Eye of Cthulhu's, twice the trouble.

Wave 5 (Pre-Hardmode): Twin Skeletron
Same here.

Wave 4: Skeletron Prime
Skeletron Prime has four arms, while the Saw and Clamps aren't really a danger to both the crystal and you, the Lazer and Cannon are. The Lazer will fire at you mostly, if you can avoid it you should be fine. But for the Cannon, if you aren't careful enough to keep Skeletron Prime away from the crystal, the bombs fired can easily land on the crystal and explode, dealing damage to it.

Wave 5: The Twins
At least the fight against Skeletron Prime was MANAGABLE. Fighting the Twins and Old one's army is Hell, without a doubt. Not only do they try to stay a distance away from you (Unless charging), they will also try to fire projectiles at you, which if you aren't careful can hit the crystal, dealing damage. Don't even get me started on the second forms, either. Spazmatism will fire a flamethrower of cursed flame which can pelt the crystal, and Retanizer will fire lazers faster and faster the lower the health, which can easily hit the crystal, further abusing it. Wave 6 leaves us with just one last mechanical boss...

Wave 6: The Destroyer
Okay, considering this is the easiest mechanical boss, this listing may seem a bit dumb, but hear me out...
Imagine a great wall of China being placed on one side of the Eternia Crystal that only enemies could pass. Now imagine that wall doing all it can to kill you, and dodging it will only block another side of the crystal.
That's pretty much The Destroyer in a nutshell. Not only are ogres in this stage, but The Destroyer will obstruct places to go, resulting in you having to walk right into The Destroyer in order to get to the other side. Also, lazers fired from the drones and The Destroyer could hit the crystal if you are too careless (Imagine The Destroyer covering the crystal and firing it's lazers O_O). Combine this with having the largest health pool of all the bosses, Wave 6 will be a big problem!

So, that was my idea, maybe if you want to try some sort of Expert mode :red: you can do Twin bosses all the time. (Twin Skeletron Prime, Twin Destroyer, Twin Twins, etc.).

Hope you enjoyed this, and will consider using it to spice up your Old One's Army!

The Old One's army is basically impossible enough, let alone bringing Skeletron Prime into the fight.
Mostly for endgame spicing or if you are insane.
[doublepost=1484261980,1484261930][/doublepost]
Mostly for endgame spicing or if you are insane.
Also, I'm certain you can put towers to help fend off the army while you focus mostly on Skeletron Prime.

This seems pretty tough, especially considering you have to protect the crystal till the 6th wave.

In any case, this is a decent take on an event that with moonlord gear is so cheesable.

Vortex Armor's Cloaking Ability+SDMG+Luminite Bullet=You do not even have to move.

I tried this with Nebula armor and Last Prism. Provided you dodge with a cosmic car key or something, the booster from the mobs will allow you to reach maximum dps very quickly. I foresaw a problem with hp, so I drank a heartreach potion, and well...Destroyer was fairly easy as hitting multiple parts can kill him, his drones, and mobs.

Pretty exciting nonetheless, but these were optimal conditions for a devastating ray of disintegration. All in all, I'd say a Pumpkin Moon are around the same tier of difficulty, if not a bit less. Though I admit, I only went for mechanical bosses. and skipped the easier waves.

I tried this with Nebula armor and Last Prism. Provided you dodge with a cosmic car key or something, the booster from the mobs will allow you to reach maximum dps very quickly. I foresaw a problem with hp, so I drank a heartreach potion, and well...Destroyer was fairly easy as hitting multiple parts can kill him, his drones, and mobs.

Pretty exciting nonetheless, but these were optimal conditions for a devastating ray of disintegration. All in all, I'd say a Pumpkin Moon are around the same tier of difficulty, if not a bit less. Though I admit, I only went for mechanical bosses. and skipped the easier waves.
Glad someone tried it. If you think the list of waves should be changed, let me know.

Back
Top Bottom