PC Brain of Cthulu really freaking strong? (important! pls halp!)

Coden

Terrarian
After finding out I had a Crimson biome in my world, I started to farm those things from the spiders. After making a bloody spine, I summoned the Brain of Cthulu. I had a decent arena, it wasn't flat, but it had campfires and walls to keep out the baddies.

I looked on the wiki for the guide, and it said to have Iron armor or better. With that, it's a total of 5 defense. I had a freaking total of 18 defense and I got destroyed by the brain! I jumped over the brain trying to dodge it, but the creepers followed me and wrecked my health.

I have a snowball cannon/launcher whatever, and I thought that would do a nice amount of damage, but it didn't do crap.
Has the Brain of Cthulu been revamped since 1.3? He's strong as heck!

If you can, please do tell me what else to do and the most effective but easiest weapons to get.
Thanks, guys!

You'll want a decently ranged weapon and more mobility accessories. The Brain of Cthulhu is the same in 1.3, but avoiding the brain is key. You'll want to stay away from it, of course, which is good due to its slow speed and low range. I would recommend gearing up with The Rotted Fork and Cloud in a Bottle at minimum.

So the Snowball launcher (I'll call it that) won't do me any good? That's disappointing.
And dang, I suck at fighting bosses then.

Snowball launcher isn't even really that great at killing zombies, a silver bow would be much better. For BoC you want something that pierces at a range for the first stage, a spear is good, so are jester arrows. For the second stage if you have just the rotted fork and you hit him every time he gets close then he won't even touch you.

If you can, kill EoC first and make a crimtane bow.

Alright, I'll take your advice, but what about a Superior Ice Boomerang? With the Superior modifer, it does 'extremely strong knockback'.
Is this good?

Or is The Rotted Fork extremely vital in this situation?
[DOUBLEPOST=1435866903,1435866480][/DOUBLEPOST]bump

Alright, I'll take your advice, but what about a Superior Ice Boomerang? With the Superior modifer, it does 'extremely strong knockback'.
Is this good?

Or is The Rotted Fork extremely vital in this situation?
[DOUBLEPOST=1435866903,1435866480][/DOUBLEPOST]bump
The Brain of Cthulhu, and in fact, all bosses, are immune to knockback. However, in the Brain of Cthulhu's second phase, it will be affected by knockback. This WILL make the second phase easier, as it keeps away the brain to let you deal with creepers. But still, I would recommend The Rotted Fork, as it pierces and does decent damage as well. They would both work superbly.

@HayMac, please do not post to bump your thread. It isn't fair to others looking for help, and it's against the rules of this forum. Thanks.

as of 1.3, I have found a perfect duo of weapons for taking down the brain. I suggest trying out the medusa head (which drops from the medusa enemies in the marble caves), and the artery (crimtane yo-yo) Use the medusa head to take out all the creepers, then use the artery to kill the brain in the second phase.

as of 1.3, I have found a perfect duo of weapons for taking down the brain. I suggest trying out the medusa head (which drops from the medusa enemies in the marble caves), and the artery (crimtane yo-yo) Use the medusa head to take out all the creepers, then use the artery to kill the brain in the second phase.
You do realize that the medusa head is a rare drop from a really hard enemy right?

You do realize that the medusa head is a rare drop from a really hard enemy right?
I had no trouble getting it. as in... medusa isn't hard to kill... at all really. I also got it in less than 50 kills, because I didn't get a medusa banner.

I had no trouble getting it. as in... medusa isn't hard to kill... at all really. I also got it in less than 50 kills, because I didn't get a medusa banner.
an enemy that stones you for 5 seconds whenever it wants to and does 50 damage when it touches you isn't hard to kill?

You must be some god even stronger than Yrimir. Either that or your killing it with way too powerful stuff, we are talking about like, gold or worse equipment here.

an enemy that stones you for 5 seconds whenever it wants to and does 50 damage when it touches you isn't hard to kill?

You must be some god even stronger than Yrimir. Either that or your killing it with way too powerful stuff, we are talking about like, gold or worse equipment here.
I used bows to kill them from a distance. it really isn't that difficult...

Back on topic for a second, BoC can be taken down really easily. Piercing weapons/ammo is a good way to take it on. Spears, Jester arrows, or (if you can somehow come across 25 gold) the Minishark are all excellent options. I should note that the Minishark isn't a piercing weapon, it's just really good at taking down all the Pre-Hard Mode Bosses, bar Expert mode.

Last edited:
How I did it last: Rock fish, full silver armor. Autoswinged it to death. Like many are saying stuff like the minishark will demolish it. It's worth getting. I just happen to get lucky and get the Reaver Shark and Rock Fish very quickly.

Some lower level items I used to demolish the brain, or at least the creepers, were the flare gun and the space gun. Great at handling the creepers.

Back
Top Bottom