Biomes & Nature Brick's Biome Compilation

Brick Creeper

Duke Fishron
- Brick's Biome Compilation -
Hello Everyone! I have a dilemma. I love creating ideas for Terraria. I even spend time on a wiki (http://terrariafanideas.wikia.com/) dedicated to Terraria ideas. My favorite types of ideas are biome suggestions. They are so awesome, and I love seeing the creativity. I tried making one of my own, but I'm not skilled enough to sprite anything for it.. Or to even finnish it.

And the sad thing is, I have many more biome ideas. I know that I won't be able to make any of them, let alone finnish the one I've already made. So, I've decided I'm going to write all my ideas down here, and give you guys the chance to make them!

The Depression
A Corruption alternate: Unlike most corruption alternates, the Depression does not present a biome filled with rage. Instead, it is a place filled with unquenchable sadness, with a deeper layer of malice underneath. The Depression is a dark place, with even the brightest days being choked out by shadowy rain clouds and thick fog. The grass is grey, damp, and sways lifelessly in the light breeze. Just like the weeping willows with pale shriveled leaves or the dripping grey flowers that hang limp from the ceilings of teardrop shaped caverns.

It's monsters are of a similar caliber. Being very slow in speed, but powerful in their attack. Many, like the ever-crying nymphs of the willows, or the ghastly bell ringers, will follow you almost forever. No matter how fast you run.

The Celebration
A Hallow alternate: The complete opposite of the Depression. The Celebration is a fun place with... balloon trees! Multicolored grass! Presents that grow from striped and pocka-dotted rock! Sparkly sugar water! Parting slimes! Evil lawnmowers that shred stuff into confetti!! Sadistic, demented clowns that will tear you limb from limb, than cook what's left for lunch!!! DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THIS PLACE!?!?!

On the outside, the Celebration is a place of happiness, cake, and Panettas! But deep within, it is really a evil trap made to lure unsuspecting travellers deep into itself. But once the sun goes down and the upbeat music fades, the heart chilling music begins, and the nightmares clowns arrive.

The Core
An Underworld alternate: Remember "Journey to the Center of the Earth"? Yeah, that movie. The one with dinosaurs underground. Now your wildest fantasies can come true! Well, it may not be your wildest, but anyway...

The Core is a very old, prehistoric place were dinosaurs roam and molten rock bubbles just under the thick, vegetatated surface. Along with the reptile population, there are many tropical trees, thorny bushes, and other dangerous hazards. Like the resin. Sticky, goopy, brown yuck that our do NOT want to touch. When hardend and mixed with the readily available Amber though, it can make some pretty nifty armor.

Also, did I mention the hideous, monstrous, humongous, superepiccoolandmanyotheradjectivesus monster that lurks there? And all the Jurassic Park references...

The Dive
An Underworld alternate: We all love junk food (Except for maybe health freaks). One of our favorite things to do is munch down on a juicy cheeseburger, or lick the salt off our fingers after eating a box or delicious fries. But what if junk food... felt the some way about us? What if our cheeseburgers, started eating us? What if we had to run from human flesh-obsessed fries, only to fall headlong into a lake of bubbling, boiling, grease?

This is the Dive. A place were the eaten are now the eaters, and the humans are junk food.

The Monolith
A Jungle Temple alternate: My favorite part about discovering a Jungle Temple was the mystery. I had no idea what it was, and the walls were so thick I couldn't see what it was. The Monolith is inspired by this mastery. Unlike the randomly generated shapes of the Jungle Temple, the Monolith is always a large, imposing triangle. Made from a seamless black and purple material, it gives people a feeling of both mystery and fear. All that breaks its perfect surface is a single black door located on the side.

When someone manages to enter the imposing pyramid, they will discover a strange world of living shapes. Evil cubes that split into triangles upon death, rectangles that fall from the ceiling to crush you, trapezoids that shoot lasers. A place were geometry is alive, and angry (Don't worry, it wasn't because of your c- geometry test uiu handed in last week). Yet, only one circle. I wonder what happens if you touch it...

The Mansion
A Dungeon alternate: So you're walking alone in the woods. The wind is howling, it's pouring rain (that may or may not taste like strawberries, you never know), and you are cold and wet. Then, you look up, and you see a warm glow of candle light shining from a cozy looking mansion. You hurry inside, satisfied to see that it's just as sweet as it looked on the outside. Anyway, you warm up by the fire, and are almost ready to leave when you see a dark passageway leading deep underground. You ask the other occupant of the mansion (A quiet old man who spends his day making the many candles in the house) about it. He tells you to stay away from it, but of course you don't listen. You try to enter.

Not a good idea.

The Brink
A Floating Island alternate: One thing everyone is afraid of is heights. Or at least falling from heights. The Brink is the pinnacle of that fear. Spread across the greatest height of Terraria's atmosphere are mysterious clusters of land shards, forever suspended at unreachable heights. Even the brave that do reach the Brink won't stay long, for the small chunks of earth do not offer great footing... Especially coupled with the random wind currents that show up at the worst of times, and the alluring Sirens that will pull you have the Rocks with their song. But for those that rise above all the challenges (Which is hard since there isn't much space above the Brink to rise to), great treasures and rewards will be discovered...

Just make sure you can make it back down safely.

I'm sorry about the current lack of information. I will update this thread with the full descriptions of the biomes and any sprites I have created as soon as possible. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
I have a lot of time to kill, is there anything specific you need?
Well I don't plan on finishing any of these, so I just put them out here in case people may be interested in one. Once I have the descriptions written, and you think one sounds interesting, I would love to help you make it!

(Also, love your suggestions!)

Well I don't plan on finishing any of these, so I just put them out here in case people may be interested in one. Once I have the descriptions written, and you think one sounds interesting, I would love to help you make it!
Alright, I look forward to the descriptions you put out :)

Not sure if I could contribute anything myself for quite a while; I still have so many of my own alternates to make. But if you really need the help, you are welcome to PM me so that I may guide you in their creation.

So Brick, will there be any information on the other alternates soon? They seem to be really interesting ideas.

Hey didn't know that you updated them! They sound really interesting (Especially The Brink), will you do more?

EDIT: Also, what monsters roam The Mansion and which boss is the old man in that alternate?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom