NPCs & Enemies Bring in dragons!

Dragons?

• Yes!

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Let's bring some more dragon enemies. We should have more to worry about in the sky than just the swarms of harpies. There should be every element of dragon there is. Lightning, Ice, Leaf, maybe a Potato Dragon? Or at least a potato food item, I mean it's just begging to be done. But on top of the normal dragons, you could have a Dragon King, that could use a lot of elements at the same time. The wyverns are all well and good, but when the day is done, they're just another worm.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting! I would just like to see some more details, though. How often would they spawn? What would they drop? What are their stats? Things like that. Anyways though, good concept!

Dragons sound interesting. I think they should be a bit like aboveground Biome Mimics. I mean that they should be fast and dangerous but also rare and hardmode - only. Of course they would need to have good drops, like wings and interesting weapons.

An extension on the "lightning dragon": Summoned with a thunder token (10 adamantite or titanium bars, 10 wire, and 10 flight souls at a hardmode anvil)
It would attempt to hover over the player, charging at high speeds. It would have nimbus rain below its entire body and be about half as long as a wyvern. It has the same health as a wyvern. The rain has a 1/3 of inflicting electrified.
Drops
15 flight souls
Thunder bolt: Shoots your generic gun like projectile at slow speedsnn (think frost staff, space gun, laser rifle, etc) but when right click is held the projectile stops in place. The projectile would look like a yellow razorblade typhoon. You likey?

An extension on the "lightning dragon": Summoned with a thunder token (10 adamantite or titanium bars, 10 wire, and 10 flight souls at a hardmode anvil)
It would attempt to hover over the player, charging at high speeds. It would have nimbus rain below its entire body and be about half as long as a wyvern. It has the same health as a wyvern. The rain has a 1/3 of inflicting electrified.
Drops
15 flight souls
Thunder bolt: Shoots your generic gun like projectile at slow speedsnn (think frost staff, space gun, laser rifle, etc) but when right click is held the projectile stops in place. The projectile would look like a yellow razorblade typhoon. You likey?
This makes me scared of you. I likey
[doublepost=1517682469,1517682080][/doublepost]
Sounds interesting! I would just like to see some more details, though. How often would they spawn? What would they drop? What are their stats? Things like that. Anyways though, good concept!
I haven't really gone into depth thinking about it. I was thinking they would be a slightly less common spawn than Harpies, but more common than wyverns, and pre-hardmode as well. They'd probably be able to drop their own dragon scales, which could be used for new sorts of armor, based on their element. For example, the lightning armor would be a slight boost to movement and attack speed, the fire armor would be physical damage and armor penetration, and the leaf would be minion and ranged damage. I haven't really straightened out the details yet, but they're comin'. Just give me time. I'll think of something.

Maybe make them tameable, and when tamed they drop an elemental shard that can be used to summon and remove them. And you have to fight them in order to tame them, and they can also walk on land and breathe fire at enemies, and you can mount them by right clicking.

It'd be a unique enemy, then

Last edited:
Maybe make them tameable, and when tamed they drop an elemental shard that can be used to summon and remove them. And you have to fight them in order to tame them, and they cab also walk on land and breathe fire at enemies, and you can mount them by right clicking.

It'd be a unique enemy, then
Not a bad idea... It could also be that the drop could be an egg, that would be placed in an incubator. When you hatch it it turns into a pet, and when you hang out with it enough, or feed it or something, it turns into a minion. Then, when it does enough damage, it levels up to a mount that has a certain stat boost, whether to speed, or melee, or whatever.

Not a bad idea... It could also be that the drop could be an egg, that would be placed in an incubator. When you hatch it it turns into a pet, and when you hang out with it enough, or feed it or something, it turns into a minion. Then, when it does enough damage, it levels up to a mount that has a certain stat boost, whether to speed, or melee, or whatever.
yes this is cool idea

Personally, I don't think mainstream dragons fit in with Terraria's feel. Wyverns, Pigrons, and Betsy are enough. Maybe as some sort of mod, though.

Dragons sound pretty nice, maybe not ''mainstream dragons'', but some kind of epic-looking ones? Maybe an entire different race with a lore. (Or without lore, because this idea is surely for enemies, and not for bosses/mini-bosses)
What I like most is the element-idea, I really like enemies which specialize in a specific element, because they'd drop unique stuff.

Back
Top Bottom