Switch Bug with Magic lantern and possible other light pets

Boxyfoxy

Terrarian
Hello, I've come across this one bug so far and have saved and exited and closed the game, and going back into it with the bug still present, the issue is with possible many other light pets as well (haven't been able to check other ones yet) but the current problem is the Magic Lantern pet not working and yes i have the visibility for the pet on and have toggled the visibility off and on even, and it still doesn't seem to appear whatsoever, I've taken it out of the light pet slot multiple times and have done what i did above but alas the magic lantern and possible other light pets don't seem to work however the icon for the that specific light pet's buff does appear but does not work either no matter how close i get to ores, chest ect the uploaded picture (bad quality sorry) also suggest this too.

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 620
Hello, I've come across this one bug so far and have saved and exited and closed the game, and going back into it with the bug still present, the issue is with possible many other light pets as well (haven't been able to check other ones yet) but the current problem is the Magic Lantern pet not working and yes i have the visibility for the pet on and have toggled the visibility off and on even, and it still doesn't seem to appear whatsoever, I've taken it out of the light pet slot multiple times and have done what i did above but alas the magic lantern and possible other light pets don't seem to work however the icon for the that specific light pet's buff does appear but does not work either no matter how close i get to ores, chest ect the uploaded picture (bad quality sorry) also suggest this too.
Hi @Boxyfoxy, as a workaround, try starting/using the Magic Lantern from the hot bar (not equipped).

It should work equipped, so it sounds like a bug. If you haven’t already, I suggest sending this info directly to Pipeworks (the console developers) here:
https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/terraria/index.html
Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form (Another link in case the first is closed)

You probably won’t get a response, but the development team reads over every bug report that comes in through that form.

Also, as an aside on a different topic, in case you haven’t heard, placing Item Frames or Target Dummies in your world will cause it to not launch anymore, so avoid those two things for now.

Back
Top Bottom