Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
BUGS

1 - Auto-Resolution = Great feature, although when I attempted to changed it to a resolution that increased the pixel size, things slowed down considerably. Also, black bars appeared on the side of the screen similar to widescreen effect except vertical instead of horizontal. Sorry for the lack of details, I believe it was a 32" monitor and I was going for something around 1080 x 720. Point being is that the game did not switch between resolutions seamlessly as it did with the previous version.

2 - Decreased Performance = This is not new. This appeared many versions back and I believe it is tied into weather/graphical effects (newer wind/water graphics) on the surface. Here's how to notice it. Mine into the surface ground until you get to a point between Surface and Underground. Then mine into the Underground. Notice how the mining speed changes between the two layers. Weather/wind/blood moon all seem to effect this too. Heat waves in Hell also make a slight difference. If you have a fast enough machine you may want to test with some sort of visual FPS stat.

3 - I sent an email a while back with an idea to improve some of the logic in your source to your 3rd party co that you work with. I'm not sure if it ever got implemented so send me a message if you'd like. It may have potential to speed things up noticeably.

NOT BUGS? WORTH FIXING...

1 - Zapinator = I fired it and laser beams came towards me from the opposite side of the screen? I know this gun is supposed to be quirky but this is wierd.

2 - Items do not quick stack from the Hotbar. Items here used to be able to use "Quick Stack" into a container but no longer function this way. Ex: You have 10 daybloom seeds in the top of your inventory. Clicking Quick Stack from the container will not place those items into the container where daybloom seeds already are.

3 - Pylon feature. Does not work if Mini-Map is disabled. I prefer to play with Mini-Map disabled. However, in order to make use of Pylons I have to enable it always otherwise log out/back-in everytime. Can't change mini-map function from within a world.

4 - Pressure plates that are spawned naturally with the World now do not always drop as items when hit with a pickaxe. Sometimes they do sometimes they break like hitting a rock.

5 - Not all creatures have ignored platforms when using pathfinding. Today I noticed a flying fish that was trying to eat me but could not get past the wooden platforms above my head.

Back
Top Bottom