Items Burried Treasure

Joop

Wall of Flesh
This idea came to me, it seemed like a good idea, Burried Treasure, let me get right into it.

Burried treasure can be found with a 1/175 of droping when breaking sand. (BOMBS DO NOT EFFECT THIS)

Burried Treasure Drops:
Prehardmode:

Normal Coin Drops
Pierat 4/35 (Completely useless, unstackable.
Dead Eye 1/50 (Increases ranged damage by %3
Cutless 1/50 [World play, cutlass is the stronger one, cutless is the weaker, "Less"] (22 DMG, Autoswing)
Ancient Dust 7/30 (Acts as an item for the extractinator, when used, emits a random ore 5-72, meaning you could obtain hellstone without killing EoC/BoC)
Duffle 2/35 (When thrown, different coins can come out.)

Hardmode
Pirate 1/25 (Better then Pierat, it gives you a temporary summon (2 minutes) that deal 21 damage contact.)
Death Eye 1/72 (stronger version of dead eye%20 Ranged Damage Puts a red dot over a hitbox)
Cutlass 1/80 (Dont need to explain, right?)
D.u.s.t 3/84 (When used in extractinator a random bar can come out, 1-27, meaning you could get lumininite without beating Moon Lord, all though you need Ancient Manipulator.)
Super Duffle 4/50 (When thrown, 1-50 gold can come out.

I might edit this, it seems a little OP or just not really good loot. Tell me what you think.

Last edited:
I feel like it's a little too common, since you could probably get tons and tons of it just by spamming dynamite everywhere in a desert/ocean. Maybe make it rarer but stronger?

I feel like it would make more sense if it was a lot more rare. In every story you hear about buried treasure it's always super rare, so rare that you can only find it with a map leading you exactly there, step by step. If you could just go to the desert, mine four blocks, and have an almost guaranteed chance of one dropping, doesn't that seem a little odd? Plus it would be an extremely easy way to gather tons of coins really quickly. So maybe if you make the drop rate something like a 1%, or maybe even lower, like a .5%.

I feel like it's a little too common, since you could probably get tons and tons of it just by spamming dynamite everywhere in a desert/ocean. Maybe make it rarer but stronger?
I thought about that earlier, im probably going to change it.

I think this is a very good idea - but then again, would they really add it in? Who knows? Let's wish it gets added, cause it would be a pretty cool thing to have in the game :redmunch:

Thanks,
[doublepost=1480804710,1480804587][/doublepost]Ancient Dust has an explanation now!

Neat idea, but some of the names sound weird (at least to me)
And the D.u.s.t seems way to overpowered, many people would be grinding sand instead of the Moon Lord, missing a great and intense battle...

If I find myself bored soon, I'll make some sprites for you (I have a blast doing sprites) :happy:

D.u.s.t is a 1% chance drop from a 0.57% chance from any block of sand, and even then there are 23 bars you could potentially get from it, meaning that every sand block has about a 0.0000025% chance of containing a singular luminite bar, and this is assuming that each bar has an equal chance of dropping (it probably doesn't). That as a fraction, by the way, is approximately a 1/400000 chance. All for 1 bar. You'd have to generate hundreds of worlds just to be able to craft anything out of Luminite.

So it's much more worth your time to go mining for actual ores/fight moon lord than try doing anything like that, it's the exact opposite of overpowered.

Oops sorry, i didnt mean one ore/bar, it is edited.
[doublepost=1480979924,1480979876][/doublepost]Also, i added some changes.

Back
Top Bottom