PC Can Anyone Tell Me What I Am Doing Wrong?

BinSoBad

Terrarian
I have a download link here to my world, I tried making a rod of discord farm and included 300+ snow blocks to get turtles to spawn but they aren't spawning. I wanted a rod of discord/frozen turtle shell farm and am not sure what I am doing wrong. If you would take a look at my other farms and tell me how to improve that would be great as well!

Here is the link to my world: https://files.fm/u/5t2jbvsq

Thanks so much!
- BinSoBad

I have a download link here to my world, I tried making a rod of discord farm and included 300+ snow blocks to get turtles to spawn but they aren't spawning. I wanted a rod of discord/frozen turtle shell farm and am not sure what I am doing wrong. If you would take a look at my other farms and tell me how to improve that would be great as well!

Here is the link to my world: https://files.fm/u/5t2jbvsq

Thanks so much!
- BinSoBad
Are you in an Underground Hallow Biome /w the snow blocks?

Then maybe try adding more snow/ice blocks, and play around with your character placement. Enemies like to spawn off-screen, but you should still be IN the biome that you want the enemies of, if you can't be in the biome (enough for the music of Underground Ice to play) and still have most of the snow off-screen, that will cause some of your issues.

I have over 300+ snow blocks, have no problem with the chaos elementals (got 2 rods already), am at full 1980x1020P and blocks go off my screen. Did you look at the map? Am I not dug far enough down to stop mobs spawning below me? I would throw lava down but it intercepts part of my hellevator.

I will take a screenshot quick.
[doublepost=1541478736,1541478326][/doublepost]Here it is.

Attachments

• troublewithturtles.png
    troublewithturtles.png
    1 MB · Views: 1,110
Ah yes, your problem is you aren't in the snow biome. There are still tons of pearlstone blocks on the screen, including surrounding you. You would technically be in a Hallowed Biome.

So if you replaced all the pearlstone of your AFK farm there into ice, you'd be good.

Remember, Ice can be "infected" with the Hallow and become pink ice, which is both a Hallow and Snow biome block, which doesn't force priority. As it is, the game is forced to pick one, and it thinks you're in a Hallow Biome, and not a Snow Biome.

And you'll probably get Pigrons, which is nice IG. Bacon for a Well Fed buff, and a Banner, and apparently the Hallowed ones can also drop a Blessed Apple.

Last edited:
I can't get the turtles to spawn for anything so I give up and just leave it a rod of discord farm + I added some sand for light mummies, even though I already got a farm for trifold, fast clock, vitamins, megaphone, blindfold.

Back
Top Bottom