TCF Suggestion Can we get the game font's into the forums?

zenithspeed

The Destroyer
I think it'd be cool if, in the forums, we could use Terraria's in-game font (I don't know the name of the font, sorry) within the font selector. This would, for example, allow you to flesh out a detailed item suggestion by writing the item's name in the font, or it could be used for RP's that makes use the game's characters rather than custom ones. (It'd also just be plain cool and funny since the font does resemble the iconic insanity that is Comic Sans:naughty:)

I don't think fonts work that way.

long explanation ahead:

The eight fonts listed in the font selector are commonly present on most devices/OSes. 'Trebuchet MS' seems to be the default. The actual font that gets used depends on what device you are using at the moment. If your device does not have a match for the font specified by the creator of the text, it attempts to use a suitable default.

'Andy' font is kind of a niche font, and most likely is not installed on most devices. You can certainly search the Internet for 'Andy' font, and install it on your device. and use it to type text on the forum using Andy font by using the FONT BB code

I have an 'Andy' font installed on my Win10 desktop, and this sentence appears to me in Andy font.

Code:
[FONT=Andy]I have an 'Andy' font installed on my Win10 desktop, and this sentence appears to me in Andy font.[/FONT]

1694285062671.png

However, to most of you, and to me if I look at this post on a different device, it doesn't look like Andy font at all, because Andy is not installed on those devices

In short:
To post in Andy font - you have to download and install the font and wrap your text in the FONT BB code tags
For others to see your text in Andy font - they have to have downloaded/installed the font from somewhere

And to complicate matters further - there are several places to download the font from, and it seems that they sometimes use different names for it. And if the names don't match, then you don't get the results you were going for.

I really don't want to get into how to find and download fonts - you all can figure that out for yourselves, and I'm not going to be responsible if you somehow screw up your computer trying to do this.

I don't think fonts work that way.

long explanation ahead:

The eight fonts listed in the font selector are commonly present on most devices/OSes. 'Trebuchet MS' seems to be the default. The actual font that gets used depends on what device you are using at the moment. If your device does not have a match for the font specified by the creator of the text, it attempts to use a suitable default.

'Andy' font is kind of a niche font, and most likely is not installed on most devices. You can certainly search the Internet for 'Andy' font, and install it on your device. and use it to type text on the forum using Andy font by using the FONT BB code

I have an 'Andy' font installed on my Win10 desktop, and this sentence appears to me in Andy font.

Code:
[FONT=Andy]I have an 'Andy' font installed on my Win10 desktop, and this sentence appears to me in Andy font.[/FONT]

View attachment 426132

However, to most of you, and to me if I look at this post on a different device, it doesn't look like Andy font at all, because Andy is not installed on those devices

In short:
To post in Andy font - you have to download and install the font and wrap your text in the FONT BB code tags
For others to see your text in Andy font - they have to have downloaded/installed the font from somewhere

And to complicate matters further - there are several places to download the font from, and it seems that they sometimes use different names for it. And if the names don't match, then you don't get the results you were going for.

I really don't want to get into how to find and download fonts - you all can figure that out for yourselves, and I'm not going to be responsible if you somehow screw up your computer trying to do this.
Alright, that's understandable, my bad.

Back
Top Bottom