Can you rename hostile NPCs?

ps3wolvrine14

Dungeon Spirit
I've been remaking textures and want to rename some hostile NPC's so it appears as something different to go with my texture changes.
I mainly want the lifeform analyzer displayed name to change but also want some aimed at names to change.
And thinking about it, changing item names would also be nice as i have figured out some things and want to "correct" a few item names.

I know there should be a file for the names somewhere but have no idea how to find them or if i can even get my computer to read them.

So if anyone knows how to do this could you please share that info?

I might end up releasing the textures publicly eventually but it's just something i mess with in my downtime so it's just a long term WIP.

You can’t as far as I’m aware
I'm not sure about doing it within a texture pack but there has to be a file somewhere that links ID-codes to a name. And obviously since people are able to go in and add NPCs and bosses there should logically be a way to change the names used by the game.
Unfortunately this happens to be the best page to ask, while the modding community is more likely to know how.

Back
Top Bottom