Xbox One Cannot change screen size

Codyyy

Terrarian
The previous version of Terraria was working fine on my TV. However with the new version the lower part of the screen is cut off. I’ve tried changing the TV settings but it will not allow me to move the screen. The aspect ratio is just 16:9 or 4:3, that’s it. How can I fix this other than getting a new TV? Thanks.

The previous version of Terraria was working fine on my TV. However with the new version the lower part of the screen is cut off. I’ve tried changing the TV settings but it will not allow me to move the screen. The aspect ratio is just 16:9 or 4:3, that’s it. How can I fix this other than getting a new TV? Thanks.
Hi there @Codyyy, as of right now the only way to change it is through your tv settings. Try looking for settings such as "overscan" "aspect ratio" or "just scan". I am not sure if there will be an option to adjust this in game. It has been mentioned that it's being looked into, but there's not been a definitive yes or no yet.

Ok thanks, I was afraid of that. Unfortunately with the update I can’t see any of what I’m assuming to be more tiles on the bottom when using the inventory. I don’t know how to craft items with this update either.

Ok thanks, I was afraid of that. Unfortunately with the update I can’t see any of what I’m assuming to be more tiles on the bottom when using the inventory. I don’t know how to craft items with this update either.
Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing? You get to the crafting by opening your inventory and then using Left Bumper to get to the crafting section. It's the same as it is on PC. You'll have to bring materials to the Guide if you want the recipe for something you can't currently craft.

Ok, I managed to change the settings on the Xbox to 640x480, horrible graphics but I can see what those tiles are. They explain what button does what function. On the old version the inventory and crafting were on one screen and it would tell me what items were needed and how many to make just about anything in the game. Now it appears as though only what can be crafted shows up based on what is in my inventory. It isn’t a huge deal but I’m trying to craft a depth meter and forgot what I needed. I’ll see if I can snap a screenshot later to show you guys what the differences are.

Now it appears as though only what can be crafted shows up based on what is in my inventory. It isn’t a huge deal but I’m trying to craft a depth meter and forgot what I needed.
That is correct. Only the items that you can currently craft (with items in your inventory as well as with items from any chest/piggy bank/safe that you have open) are displayed. The old way (showing everything that could be crafted even if you don’t have the items) was a decision that the previous developer made, but now it has been changed to align with how the game’s creator always meant it to be. Show any material to the Guide to see everything that can be made with it.

Depth meters cannot be crafted (anymore). They drop from bats.

Same, but instead of a xbox my is a switch

Back
Top Bottom