Can't fish Scaly Truffle with all requirements met...?

augustas656

Terrarian
Hello,

So I'm using the latest Terraria version as of 05/06/2016 (DD/MM/YYYY), probably 1.3.1. And I've wanted to get a scaly truffle for a Pigron mount, and I went to the Terraria gamepedia... There it said I have to go to fishing in Snow Caverns that are overlapped with Crimson/Corrupt/Hallow... I've equipped the Golden Fishing Rod (50% Fishing Power), Angler Tackle Bag (+10 Fishing Power), Angler Earing (+10 Fishing Power), full Angler Suit (+15 Fishing Power) and I drank a Sonar and Fishing Potion (+15 Fishing Power). According to the gamepedia's facts I should have a total of 100 fishing power, where fishing a Scaly Truffle has a 1:50 chance. So I've setup a small box around a huge pool of water in CRIMSON ICE CAVERNS of a Large World in Hardmode at depth 1070' feet (535 tiles) and fished atop the water's surface for 30 minutes real time, this included both day and night in-game... However, I've yet to see the Sonar Potion's buff mark a Scaly Truffle caught... What I'm I doing wrong?

TL;DR: Got best fishing gear and fishing in Crimson Ice Caverns, can't see Scaly Truffle on Sonar Potion label even though according to the gamepedia I should and I've been fishing for ages...

Kind Regards,
Augustas

Oh nevermind... I clentaminated (used the clentaminator on) the crimson ice caverns using blue solution to convert it into hallow ice caverns and after a few attempts I got the scaly truffle... Someone should correct the gamepedia or the developers should tweak this because oftentimes people will have to resort to artificial biome creation to get one of the few mounts that exist, besides, Pigron mobs (as opposed to mounts) spawn in Crimson caverns anyway...

TL;DR: You can only fish Scaly Truffle in Hallow Ice Caverns not Crimson or Corrupted.

Kind Regards,
Augustas

I'm fairly sure you can get it in Crimson/Ice areas, because I've done it before. Generally speaking, if Pigron enemies are spawning, you should be able to have the possibility of fishing a Scaly Truffle.

Hello,

So I'm using the latest Terraria version as of 05/06/2016 (DD/MM/YYYY), probably 1.3.1. And I've wanted to get a scaly truffle for a Pigron mount, and I went to the Terraria gamepedia... There it said I have to go to fishing in Snow Caverns that are overlapped with Crimson/Corrupt/Hallow... I've equipped the Golden Fishing Rod (50% Fishing Power), Angler Tackle Bag (+10 Fishing Power), Angler Earing (+10 Fishing Power), full Angler Suit (+15 Fishing Power) and I drank a Sonar and Fishing Potion (+15 Fishing Power). According to the gamepedia's facts I should have a total of 100 fishing power, where fishing a Scaly Truffle has a 1:50 chance. So I've setup a small box around a huge pool of water in CRIMSON ICE CAVERNS of a Large World in Hardmode at depth 1070' feet (535 tiles) and fished atop the water's surface for 30 minutes real time, this included both day and night in-game... However, I've yet to see the Sonar Potion's buff mark a Scaly Truffle caught... What I'm I doing wrong?

TL;DR: Got best fishing gear and fishing in Crimson Ice Caverns, can't see Scaly Truffle on Sonar Potion label even though according to the gamepedia I should and I've been fishing for ages...

Kind Regards,
Augustas
I've been having the same problem but on 3ds. Someone on miiverse reported having it and the Ferraris bugs threes went crazy because 3ds has no mounts. Fishing is in the game along with all its rewards. I've tried countless hours and only got a pet... I've tried both corruption and hallow results haven't changed.

Back
Top Bottom