Cant get torch god favor

Are you sure you didn’t consume it, or have it in your inventory? Also, can you try to do an in depth explanation, and a video would be nice.

Were you in multiplayer at all or is this single player?

If its multiplayer it is possible it is targeting another player near you and it would result in only them getting the item.

The Torch God will only attack also if you are in the underground layer or lower.

Sounds like you are in the underground layer or lower. A video would be good to see if you can upload one.

I modified a BoC arena I already had in Master Mode. Triggered the event no problem, but didn't get the Favor the first time. So, I logged out and back in and a few seconds after I re-entered the arena, it triggered again, and this time I got the favor.

But, I removed ALL torches from the area and lit it with camp fires, and when I placed the 96th torch, the event triggered. Maybe that's why I didn't get it the first time? Not enough torches on screen? SO, I placed the last four torches and logged out and back in. That's when it worked.

Here's my arena:

Capture 2020-06-06 14_24_28.png

Were you in multiplayer at all or is this single player?

If its multiplayer it is possible it is targeting another player near you and it would result in only them getting the item.

The Torch God will only attack also if you are in the underground layer or lower.

Sounds like you are in the underground layer or lower. A video would be good to see if you can upload one.
In single
I modified a BoC arena I already had in Master Mode. Triggered the event no problem, but didn't get the Favor the first time. So, I logged out and back in and a few seconds after I re-entered the arena, it triggered again, and this time I got the favor.

But, I removed ALL torches from the area and lit it with camp fires, and when I placed the 96th torch, the event triggered. Maybe that's why I didn't get it the first time? Not enough torches on screen? SO, I placed the last four torches and logged out and back in. That's when it worked.

Here's my arena:

View attachment 276705
realy i completed but it not give me that and you are rich you bought a bambo leaf (respect for trying on master)

realy i completed but it not give me that

I completed it my first try, too. Didn't get the Favor. Relogging fixed it, at least for me. I got the Favor on second attempt. I just wonder if off-screen torches are messing with the torch count. Maybe only on-screen torches should be counted toward the trigger and completion.

you are rich you bought a bambo leaf

Nah, that tapped me out. I'm back to just a few gold now. :(

I've tried everything as well and it won't budge
  • Surface, underground and caverns layer;
  • Regular, ice biome, jungle biome, mushroom biome;
  • In between 200 and 0 Surface, 0 and 200 Underground, around 400 Caverns;
  • 100+ regular torches, 100+ ultrabright, 100+ mixed torches;
  • 1.4.0.1 world, 1.4.0.3 world, 1.4.0.4 world;
  • Pre-Hardmode, Hardmode:
  • No other light sources, no other entities around;
  • Standing still, jumping around;
  • Double checked items (I'm trying to do this for the first time, I've never spawned the event and therefore I don't have God's Favor);
  • Reloading the world, logging back in, restarting Terraria
Nothing seems to work for me, the event won't start :merchantcry:

So the torches off screen don’t affect anything. They just add a tougher challenge.
I've tried everything as well and it won't budge
  • Surface, underground and caverns layer;
  • Regular, ice biome, jungle biome, mushroom biome;
  • In between 200 and 0 Surface, 0 and 200 Underground, around 400 Caverns;
  • 100+ regular torches, 100+ ultrabright, 100+ mixed torches;
  • 1.4.0.1 world, 1.4.0.3 world, 1.4.0.4 world;
  • Pre-Hardmode, Hardmode:
  • No other light sources, no other entities around;
  • Standing still, jumping around;
  • Double checked items (I'm trying to do this for the first time, I've never spawned the event and therefore I don't have God's Favor);
  • Reloading the world, logging back in, restarting Terraria
Nothing seems to work for me, the event won't start :merchantcry:
Huh, I played that event in a 1.4.0 world in 1.4.0.5 and it worked fine, also note it only works in the cavern later. Also it won’t trigger if you have mixed torches, and note are you sure you don’t have it in your inventory, check closely, it won’t activate if you have it in your inventory or consumed.

I too had to try multiple times to get it to work. I had about a dozen torches off screen that would shoot at me. Ended up adding more to my arena and it worked on the 4th try.

Huh, I played that event in a 1.4.0 world in 1.4.0.5 and it worked fine, also note it only works in the cavern later. Also, it won’t trigger if you have mixed torches, and note are you sure you don’t have it in your inventory, check closely, it won’t activate if you have it in your inventory or consumed.

Thanks for the answer, everything checks out. I have no doubt the event works, it's just that I don't know it doesn't for me.

I've attached my recent attempt, over 200 torches, inventory doesn't have the God's Favor (again, I never had it), cavern layer, journey mode (master difficulty), completely new world, regular torches and so on. I even removed all torches from my inventory, just in case.

Is it that the torches need to be placed on solid blocks? Is it a difficulty problem? How knows 😅

Attachments

• 20200608152856_1.jpg
    20200608152856_1.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 702
  • 20200608152859_1.jpg
    20200608152859_1.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 312
Thanks for the answer, everything checks out. I have no doubt the event works, it's just that I don't know it doesn't for me.

I've attached my recent attempt, over 200 torches, inventory doesn't have the God's Favor (again, I never had it), cavern layer, journey mode (master difficulty), completely new world, regular torches and so on. I even removed all torches from my inventory, just in case.

Is it that the torches need to be placed on solid blocks? Is it a difficulty problem? How knows 😅
Try placing them all on walls(not blocks the wall background)

Ok, got it!

I check the file integrity from Steam, apparently, I was missing exactly one file, I've reinstalled it and it worked instantly, as soon as I got to the arena, maybe something went missing during the update?

for those who can't get the event to work, check your game integrity files.

Back
Top Bottom