Mac Can't join my friend's server through steam Stuck on "Connecting to"

MrCubeGaming

Steampunker
I've been playing Terraria for a while now, and I decided to get the 1.3.4 update so we could fight the new event. However, when I tried to join his game, it's stuck on "Connecting to." Please help! We just started expert mode characters too. D:

Screen Shot 2016-11-15 at 8.12.01 PM.png

EDIT: I looked at my steam, and it didn't say terraria was running. I rebooted Terraria and my friend Rebooted his server. Now it says, "Connecting to [friend's name]" then "Connection lost." I have 2 internets at my house so I connected to the other one, and it still said the same thing. I know its not really a connection issue, as i'm talking to said friend in Teamspeak. :/

Last edited:
I've been playing Terraria for a while now, and I decided to get the 1.3.4 update so we could fight the new event. However, when I tried to join his game, it's stuck on "Connecting to." Please help! We just started expert mode characters too. D:

EDIT: I looked at my steam, and it didn't say terraria was running. I rebooted Terraria and my friend Rebooted his server. Now it says, "Connecting to [friend's name]" then "Connection lost." I have 2 internets at my house so I connected to the other one, and it still said the same thing. I know its not really a connection issue, as i'm talking to said friend in Teamspeak. :/

Port Forwarding must be done correctly for unallowed connections to process.

That's weird. I've never had to port forward before, and Serious Mode, I'm on a mac not windows but thanks.

EDIT: Silly me. I just assumed that the video was how to fix it if YOU can't join. Now that I've seen the video, I'm going to tell my friend this! Thanks Serious Mode!

Back