Can't launch the game

Lirchess

Terrarian
I can't launch the game. It says i'm playing for like 5 seconds the goes back to 'online'. I saw someone show their problems by posting the Terraria server error so if you can figure out what i need to do:

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Terraria.Main' threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentException: Absolute path information is required.
at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String path)
at System.Environment.InternalGetFolderPath(SpecialFolder folder, SpecialFolderOption option, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Environment.GetFolderPath(SpecialFolder folder)
at ReLogic.OS.WindowsPlatform.GetStoragePath()
at ReLogic.OS.Platform.GetStoragePath(String subfolder)
at Terraria.Main..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Terraria.Main..ctor()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

thanks

sorry for the late reply
I play on steam and I run on windows 10 with an AMD A6-6400K and 8gb memory (ik it's shocking but it used to run Terraria fine)

I have the same problem, except for me it only started when I downloaded the 1.4 update. I think it may have to do with the mods I have installed (I downloaded the 64-bit version of TmodLoader so I had more memory space) but I'm not sure. Did you find a fix yet?

IMG_20200518_101815.jpg

similar problem here there is image of my error log

i found thread with fix that worked fo me

Back
Top Bottom