PC Can't Purchase Desert Pylon

AceVonDuck

Terrarian
I've tried every single combination of mixing and matching villagers that I can think of, and yet no matter what I do, none of my NPCs will sell me a Desert Pylon. Currently I have the Arms Dealer, Nurse, and Dye Trader living near each other, and even though these conditions should be more than enough for them to be happy enough to sell the pylon, they never offer it in any of their shops. I've tried having just the Arms Dealer and Nurse, just the Arms Dealer and Dye Trader, and just the Dye Trader and Painter, and still nothing. I've attached pics of my current town layout (note that each living space is at least 25 blocks away from each other).

I don't think it should matter, but I'm on a Journey mode character playing on Master difficulty on the Drunk World seed.

Am I completely missing something or is this a bug?

Attachments

• Capture 2021-03-05 17_19_43.png
    Capture 2021-03-05 17_19_43.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,558
  • ArmsDealerHappy.png
    ArmsDealerHappy.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 191
  • ArmsDealerNoPylon.png
    ArmsDealerNoPylon.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 203
  • DyeTraderHappy.png
    DyeTraderHappy.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 158
  • DyeTraderNoPylon.png
    DyeTraderNoPylon.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 164
if you haven't already been able to get it, I think that it only works if there is only 2 npc's but im not too sure. try moving the dye trader away from them and see if it helps.

if you haven't already been able to get it, I think that it only works if there is only 2 npc's but im not too sure. try moving the dye trader away from them and see if it helps.
well, there can be up to three, but the problem is that they aren't close enough, they are giving the text for when they are in a solitary dwelling

may not have enough money
To my knowledge, this doesn't affect whether they sell the pylon or not. Even if it did, my screenshots show I have over 900 platinum; I'm in Journey mode so money is a non-issue.

they aren't considered to be in one village/town, put the nurse and arms dealer in one building and It should work
This was it. I must have misread how their happiness is affected by proximity the first time. Moved the nurse into the room below the Arms Dealer and he started selling it. Thanks everyone for the replies!

To my knowledge, this doesn't affect whether they sell the pylon or not. Even if it did, my screenshots show I have over 900 platinum; I'm in Journey mode so money is a non-issue.

This was it. I must have misread how their happiness is affected by proximity the first time. Moved the nurse into the room below the Arms Dealer and he started selling it. Thanks everyone for the replies!
wait, what, I was right?

Yup. Thank you!

I thought NPCs got a penalty for ANY other NPC within 25 tiles of them, but they actually get a bonus if it's a liked/loved NPC. Moving the Nurse closer (the Arms Dealer's only loved NPC) rose his happiness enough for him to sell it.

Yup. Thank you!

I thought NPCs got a penalty for ANY other NPC within 25 tiles of them, but they actually get a bonus if it's a liked/loved NPC. Moving the Nurse closer (the Arms Dealer's only loved NPC) rose his happiness enough for him to sell it.
yeah

Back
Top Bottom