PS4 Can't research or change housing. Can't even see if there is valid housing.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm just being stupid but I can't research items. I mapped the control to R3 but it won't work. Same as when I map it to any other button. This also happens when I try to change my NPCs house or see if the housing is valid. Pls tell me if I'm being dumb or if it is a bug.

not sure what you're referring to with the control you put on R3?

to research, open your inventory and move down to the gear icon in the bottom left window, selecting that will list which items you can currently research in your inventory.

all you have to do is select an item from the list and then select "research", it will add what you have on you towards the research goal.

can you specify which function you're mapping to R3? cause i don't recall there being a mappable "research" function, unless i somehow overlooked it in all my time experimenting with controls.

as for the housing query, it can be a bit tricky to get used to.

-open inventory
-select the housing query icon on the bottom right window
-press the button that says "switch to world" shown at the bottom of the screen
-move your cursor over the house and press the button you have "use item" mapped to

not sure what you're referring to with the control you put on R3?

to research, open your inventory and move down to the gear icon in the bottom left window, selecting that will list which items you can currently research in your inventory.

all you have to do is select an item from the list and then select "research", it will add what you have on you towards the research goal.

can you specify which function you're mapping to R3? cause i don't recall there being a mappable "research" function, unless i somehow overlooked it in all my time experimenting with controls.

as for the housing query, it can be a bit tricky to get used to.

-open inventory
-select the housing query icon on the bottom right window
-press the button that says "switch to world" shown at the bottom of the screen
-move your cursor over the house and press the button you have "use item" mapped to
My God thank you I've been trying to figure out how to change housing and stuff. And by the research thing i mean that you can map a button to "research" so you can research it instantly and not have to go to the menu to research it. Maybe that was just a thing on mobile.

My God thank you I've been trying to figure out how to change housing and stuff. And by the research thing i mean that you can map a button to "research" so you can research it instantly and not have to go to the menu to research it. Maybe that was just a thing on mobile.

oh nevermind, i see the research function now in the control bindings.

i guess i really did overlook it.

i'm not entirely sure how these bindings works, cause there is a shortcut for housing query as well, but that doesn't seem to work, either.

so best to just use the normal research function in the bottom left window in the inventory menus.

Back
Top Bottom