• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

Capture Mode backgrounds broken

mothman

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I can't capture a normal background in the hallow. it appears to be locked at a certain elevation and then it wraps around to open sky underneath. Neither turning off image packing, nor forcing a hallow background in camera settings changes anything.

Capture 2021-01-08 13_59_37.png

4760-606.png

Sigma90

Brain of Cthulhu
What is your UI scale setting? There is a known issue where the UI scale can cause backgrounds to be off-centre if it's not set to 100%. This can cause the sky to show through, as is happening for you. If your UI scale is set to 100%, please let me know and I'll investigate this further.

mothman

Terrarian
damn i was really hoping it was that. it was set to 110%, i changed it to 100% and no change, the cutoff happens at the same place.

Sigma90

Brain of Cthulhu
I tried to reproduce this, but no luck unfortunately.
Capture 2021-01-11 18_55_25.png
Comparing my snapshot to yours, it looks like the underground background is not showing in your snapshot. Are you near surface level by any chance?

mothman

Terrarian
I tried to reproduce this, but no luck unfortunately.
View attachment 304248
Comparing my snapshot to yours, it looks like the underground background is not showing in your snapshot. Are you near surface level by any chance?
yes, the bottom of the build is at about 5' surface and top is about 315' surface

Edit: bottom being a few blocks below the water

Last edited:

Sigma90

Brain of Cthulhu
Could you please upload your world? You can attach it to a post in the thread. If the forums says the file is too big / not allowed, you can put it in a ZIP file. If the issue can be reproduced in your world, I can report it and it will assist the devs with a fix. Thanks!

mothman

Terrarian
Could you please upload your world? You can attach it to a post in the thread. If the forums says the file is too big / not allowed, you can put it in a ZIP file. If the issue can be reproduced in your world, I can report it and it will assist the devs with a fix. Thanks!
here it is, the build is in the west third of the map

Attachments

Top Bottom