Console Cattails don't grow

rjlonewolf

Terrarian
I am in journey mode with time set at 24x. I can get cattails to grow at the first level underwater in a pond 3 tiles deep. However they never grow taller no matter the depth (4,5,6,or7 deep). Also, if the water level is reduce to any amount less than 3 deep, the cattails will break and not grow back. This is an issue when trying to get dragonflies. Dragonflies will only spawn around the surfaced cattails in waters in the oasis and the forest but for some reason they will never grow above the water or taller than the 2 tile height they start as.

Just to be clear, I know dragonflies have a small spawn rate as it is, but they can't spawn at all unless the cattail is able to grow to above the water level.

I’ve accidentally found out that if you spill several buckets of water in different “dry dips” in the desert, you can create little mini oasis’. One of these seems to produce dragonflies somewhat reliably. As you mention, you have to make sure they are super shallow, which I had not put together. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom