Game Mechanics Celestial Nights - a Nighttime Aesthetic

Are Celestial Nights worthy of Terraria?

• Yes!

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hourglass Dolphin

Skeletron Prime
Hello! This idea has no effect on gameplay, but rather acts as a visual bonus.

At night in Terraria, there are several natural events that are possible to occur. A full moon, blood moon, mechanical bosses if you're starting hard-mode. None of these events create a positive atmosphere. My idea is that after you defeat the Celestial events, "Celestial Nights" have a chance of occuring each night.

There are 4 types of Celestial Nights that correspond to each celestial tower.

A meteor shower would occur for the solar night.

solar.jpg

Rings of greens, blues, and purples would revolve around a vortex during the vortex night.

vortex.jpg

Stars would appear everywhere and a bright blue galaxy would appear in the middle of the sky during stardust nights.

stardust.jpg

Colorful auroras would appear for the nebula night.

nebula.jpg nebula2.jpg

These nights would appear randomly on any night that isn't a blood moon or rain. The clouds would disappear to show the full effect. The images above just represent a small idea of what the sky would look like. The text overrules the pictures though.

This simple idea is to add a bit of charm to the nights of Terraria. Especially since it occurs after the greatest of the game's chaos has been defeated. Just a small bonus. If you find this idea to be great, please like, comment, and take the poll! Also if you really love the idea and want to support, use this banner code in your signature:

Code : http://i.imgur.com/SHmTfkw.png

Thanks!

Last edited:
I think they should occur in hard mode, to give you a sense of what is coming. Otherwise support!
At that point you'd be busy with the goals you need to accomplish, so it wouldn't be as rewarding. If it's given after the moon lord, you have yourself some of the best items in the game and you're not always underground mining, fighting bosses in the jungle, or in the dungeon for ectoplasm.

I recognise those pictures as Mac backgrounds / NASA images and have most of them as my computer wallpaper. :)

I would love to see some variety in the night sky, even if only visual. The Solar Pillar gives us a meteor shower and the Stardust Pillar gives us big bright stars. I'd really like to see some more visual variety in the night sky!

I recognise those pictures as Mac backgrounds / NASA images and have most of them as my computer wallpaper. :)

I would love to see some variety in the night sky, even if only visual. The Solar Pillar gives us a meteor shower and the Stardust Pillar gives us big bright stars. I'd really like to see some more visual variety in the night sky!

To be honest, even the regular night sky could use some pizzaz!

On a side note, support! I love enhanced background suggestions! :D

Yep, I was referring to the regular night sky. Solar/Stardust were examples of interesting things that happen with the Terraria night sky. :)
... Or did you mean the night sky in real life?
I wish the night sky looked like it did with the celestial towers, with giant planets lighting up the sky and earth with beautiful colors.

I swear this isn't advertisement, but trying to help fellow Terrarians!!!

If you like this you should look into my banner thread Celestial Aesthetics, its pretty similar. I support this, the whole thinking behind it is why I made Celestial Aesthetics in the first place :)

I swear this isn't advertisement, but trying to help fellow Terrarians!!!

If you like this you should look into my banner thread Celestial Aesthetics, its pretty similar. I support this, the whole thinking behind it is why I made Celestial Aesthetics in the first place :)
But it is an advertisement because you advertised it right after you said that..

My input on your suggestion, I agree with most other people, it sounds cool but it's a way flashier version of this. Also, it's placed in one of the-if not, the hardest part of the game for most, and it's quite distracting. The reason I, and many others like my suggestion more is because it's not big enough to be a distraction, but rather a bonus,...and a delight. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom