Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I'm reporting this as a bug because it's not a change that I saw reported in the changelog and it seems to me that the change to the starboard (to make dashes work properly) messed up the starboard's maneuverability.
Fixed an issue where Celestial Starboard would dramatically reduce the distance of dashes used while flying

The celestial starboard is now very "slippery" and significantly more difficult to control when turning and stopping, particularly when combined with the soaring insignia. It's like flying on ice. Small movements when hovering will slide you quite a far distance and turning is sloppy. This is particularly an issue when trying to perform quick and precise movements, such as when dodging the empress of light.

For comparisons pre/post update, here are two empress of light fights (only video I have pre-update is killing her with a flare gun):

Some timestamps for specific comparisons:
0:34 in the first, 0:22 in the second. Both are taps while hovering to move horizontally, but the new starboard slips and slides all over the place, while the former stops moving much sooner. Also see movement at 6:05 and 6:20 in first video.

Looking at every time I stop to type in the first video, such as at 0:52, if I'm moving horizontally then I quickly stop moving and start to fall. Whereas, if you look at 1:07 in the second video, that's no longer the case and you keep being projected forward.

The most clear example imo is during one of her second phase sword attacks. The exact same input leads to drastically different outcomes- one falling straight down, 4:16 in video one, compared to sliding very far to the side, 2:06 in video 2. The input is hovering (s+d+spacebar) and then not pressing anything to fall down.

While we're at it - is it intended that holding UP caps the ascent speed of the starboard at 80 mph, while letting go of UP lets it accelerate further? If not, then it might be worthy of a fix as well.

Back
Top Bottom