PS4 Change chest name PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

PootieTang

Terrarian
Is this possible? I know it can be done on the PC, but I cant figure it out on PS4.

Can it be done?

Also, in an unrelated question..NPCs....If my base is very secure and either off the ground, underground, or fortified in some way do I need to make efforts to get wandering NPCs in there, or will they just find their own way eventually? Sometimes I have GREAT ISSUES trying to get them to go up or down stairs and even need to dig tunnels from the surface to get them down to the lower area of my base unground where I have housing built for them.

Thanks!

Is this possible? I know it can be done on the PC, but I cant figure it out on PS4.

Can it be done?

Also, in an unrelated question..NPCs....If my base is very secure and either off the ground, underground, or fortified in some way do I need to make efforts to get wandering NPCs in there, or will they just find their own way eventually? Sometimes I have GREAT ISSUES trying to get them to go up or down stairs and even need to dig tunnels from the surface to get them down to the lower area of my base unground where I have housing built for them.

Thanks!
To answer your first question: No, you can't name your chests on consoles or mobile, maybe in a future update we will be able to though :)

As for your second question, if you stand in a suitable room and go to your housing menu you can assign an NPC to that room by highlighting their name and pushing the x button (unless that room is already assigned to someone else). Anyway, once your NPCs are assigned to their rooms you just need to wait until night time then leave your base and make sure both the base and the NPC aren't visible on your screen. Doing this at night forces the NPC to teleport to their assigned room :)

As for your second question, if you stand in a suitable room and go to your housing menu you can assign an NPC to that room by highlighting their name and pushing the x button (unless that room is already assigned to someone else). Anyway, once your NPCs are assigned to their rooms you just need to wait until night time then leave your base and make sure both the base and the NPC aren't visible on your screen. Doing this at night forces the NPC to teleport to their assigned room :)

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH! I didnt know that mechanic existed. I cant tell you the things ive had to do to get my NPC just into my house much less in their room that I assign them! I was aware of room assignments but not aware of the mechanics on how they get there. TY big help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom