Game Mechanics Changing clock/watch time system

Should there be an option to change from a 12 hour system to a 24 hour system?

• Yes! This is needed!

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No, it's unnecessary.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RealSaucer

Skeletron
Many people, including me, are confused by the 12 hour system (the one that uses AM and PM). I think it should be an option to show 20:30 instead of 8:30 PM when you have a watch in your inventory or click on a clock. Simply, because AM/PM is confusing and many people mix them up, especially from other countries where said system isn't used. Most of the world, including almost the entirety of Europe uses the 24 hour system.

After some time you can get used to 12 hour system, but implementing 24 hour system is really good. At least I think it is.

It would be fair to allow an option to display ingame time in either AM/PM or in 24 hour format to accommodate everyone who uses different time formats like you said. The Upgrades of the Watch in your Inventory (GPS/PDA/Cell Phone) should also have this ability I think.

Even though I live in America, I enjoy using the 24 hour system with my clocks so I would personally enjoy this addition as well.

But one block is one foot right? That might be hard to transfer to meters.
5 miles equals to 8 kilometres so I think it shouldn't be that hard. At least, we can change stopwatch values.
Also, if I remember correctly one block equals to 2 or 0.5 feet.

But one block is one foot right? That might be hard to transfer to meters.
That's true, but the block measurements themselves are arbitrary. In-game, 1 block = 2 feet. For SI, it could be 1 block = 1 metre. It wouldn't really have any impact since for the measurement of depth they could probably use whatever units they wished. They could even use blocks as a measurement unit instead of feet/metres!

Anyway, just a thought. This thread is about 12/24 hour time, so I won't go off-topic any further. :)

Back
Top Bottom