Language Pack Changing Item text Color

Datfatguy3334

Terrarian
So I am dealing with the same issue as mentioned in this thread from 2 years ago however nobody replied to their discussion.

I have retextured and renamed the magic mirror item and that works fine. I'm now trying to recolor it's text to green and the code I inserted works, with a catch. When hovering over the item in my inventory, the item is in green color font (Item name). HOWEVER, when I pick up the item or scroll to it in my hotbar it contains the whole hexadecimal code and the text is not a different color (c/32FF82:Item name).

My code is as Follows:
JSON:
{
    "ItemName": {
        "MagicMirror": "[c/32FF82:Item name]"
    },
    "ItemTooltip": {
        "MagicMirror": "Short custom description'"
    }
}

I have followed the official Ultimate Guide while making my pack and have scouted the web for an answer to this question but my limited knowledge in coding makes it tough to ask the right questions. I imagine getting this far in making the resource was because of all the behind the scenes code from Terraria so I felt it best to just bring my question here. I would really appreciate the help, my brain refuses to let me move forward until I figure out how to solve this. I feel like it's either really simple or just not possible within the confines of a resource pack.

Also, if someone could point me in the right direction for how to edit the blue sparkle effect from using the magic mirror that would be great. Im just hoping to change the color, not really the animation. Edit: or if there is a way to have the magic mirror use a different animation already in the game files.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom