Terraria: Otherworld Changing of the Guard: An Update from Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that the final price has yet to be set but do you as of now have general range of where about it will sit? I know Terraria sits at about $9, where should I save to so I'm ready for when Otherworld drops? Somewhere in the $10-15 range, $20-30......? If you don't know thats fine, I just don't have a steady way of making money and so saving will take a WHILE so I wanna get started right away

If I were you I'd try to save at least $40, or the maximum possible. Looks like it's not like the first indie terraria game, they're working with professional studios if I followed correctly, they're more numerous, everybody has to pay for bills, they maybe need software that costs a lot of money to use, and so on. If it's lower than what you expected, you get to have leftover money. I don't know how hard it is for you to save money, so my advice may look stupid, but since it's probably not gonna get out in 2017 you have some time for that. Good luck!

So wait... are we getting any alpha version of Terraria: Otherworld? Or are we waiting 'til the actual dawn upon the Otherworld?

So wait... are we getting any alpha version of Terraria: Otherworld? Or are we waiting 'til the actual dawn upon the Otherworld?
They do not want us to play anything else than the finished product once it is up to their vision. An alpha test/early access/etc would not give a good impression of what they want to do with it. On the plus side, that means we'll not be lost in infinite alpha/beta versions waiting for what's not finished to come. As soon as we play, it'll be whole and full! :)

They do not want us to play anything else than the finished product once it is up to their vision. An alpha test/early access/etc would not give a good impression of what they want to do with it. On the plus side, that means we'll not be lost in infinite alpha/beta versions waiting for what's not finished to come. As soon as we play, it'll be whole and full! :)
Got it. I understand their vision is much different from what we have now, but I would have liked an alpha all the same.
Not to mention an Otherworld texture pack for the original Terraria.

Got it. I understand their vision is much different from what we have now, but I would have liked an alpha all the same.
Not to mention an Otherworld texture pack for the original Terraria.
Now for texture packs, trust the community to have it done in under 15 seconds, (okay, maybe 15 days, but I can see someone betting on 15 hours)

Im so excited to see what you guys do with Terraria: Otherworld!
Also that switch launch is gonna be great!

I'll pay any amount of money for this great game!
Developer troll moments.
In the demands for the game to be bought...

55c87c0f5441b924a65413cc043f61b06f41a415846be0fde472af1db38ab407.jpg

Last edited:
It was said a thousand times that in the future will not be developing ToW for mobile platforms

That is not quite accurate.

What we have said is that the focus is on PC and then current gen (XB1/PS4) after that. We have not said one way or the other on mobile other than it would absolutely be considered and would come after the first two sets of platforms if so (because you have to nail down the core code/game first). So its a very strong "maybe" at this point - and it is such because there are just too many unknowns. If OW does as well as we all hope, I would say it is a strong possibility at the very least. :)

Everyone including me are waiting for the game. I know i'm asking for this too soon but what is next when the otherworld is finished? I'm just curious.

Everyone including me are waiting for the game. I know i'm asking for this too soon but what is next when the otherworld is finished? I'm just curious.

Unfortunately, none of us know when Otherworld will be finished. I do not know, the rest of the TCF Staff does not know, Not even the Developers themselves know when it will be finished. From the sounds of things, there is still a lot of work to do, and it makes sense that they want everything to be sorted out and have a solid road for the path to releasing Otherworld before releasing more news and spoilers about it.

It is frustrating for everyone to hear I imagine. Naturally news of Otherworld would not have been revealed as it has been if this situation had been known beforehand. My advice is for everyone and anyone who reads this. The best thing to do for the time being is to focus on Other games and forget about Otherworld for awhile until more news is ready to be released. I've personally had to wait years for many games I've been interested in to come out, Otherworld being one of them. And the patience does pay off for a great game in the end. There are many games to play and I have a backlog full of them. I imagine many people here also have a backlog of games from sites like Steam or GOG. It's a good time period to focus on Other games for awhile.

That's my personal take on the situation of waiting for Otherworld. It does suck to have to wait for awhile, but game development can take rough turns from what's been shared here. Just throwing this out here for another perspective.

when it comes to mind everyone thinking what to do on the computer what the developer himself is really doing (jk moment)

what-my-friends-think-i-do-what-i-actually-do-web-developer.jpg

Its really the download taking 2 more year to wait for its done loading.

There are many games to play and I have a backlog full of them. I imagine many people here also have a backlog of games from sites like Steam or GOG.

No. I don't have this 'backlog'.

This 'backlog' thing requires a glut of excellence stretched over years which simply has rarely existed in the gaming universe. Most of this space consists of a quivering convalescing quag of replicated boredom-induction bundled around reams of time-erasing mechanics blithely tossed onto the marketplace as some sort of pretend entertaiment.

Frankly, Terraria has likely vaunted into cult status rivaling the Mario Bros. properties albeit without the ultra-massive decades-wide audience.

This being stated, the corporation behind the Terraria product needs to take a deeper look at not abusing (however unintentionally) the fervor of something exceptionally rare in the gaming universe... a supremely supportive, hyper-interested, and intellectually/emotionally/financially-invested base of users.

No. I don't have this 'backlog'.

This 'backlog' thing requires a glut of excellence stretched over years which simply has rarely existed in the gaming universe. Most of this space consists of a quivering convalescing quag of replicated boredom-induction bundled around reams of time-erasing mechanics blithely tossed onto the marketplace as some sort of pretend entertaiment.

Frankly, Terraria has likely vaunted into cult status rivaling the Mario Bros. properties albeit without the ultra-massive decades-wide audience.

This being stated, the corporation behind the Terraria product needs to take a deeper look at not abusing (however unintentionally) the fervor of something exceptionally rare in the gaming universe... a supremely supportive, hyper-interested, and intellectually/emotionally/financially-invested base of users.
Your description sounds less like an interest and more like an obsession. I don't see any of this as abusing the fan base, if anything we are privileged to have been told anything at this point. A normal developer would have said nothing until they had something of importance to show.

I don't think knowing more than we currently do is some privilege the fan base is entitled to. If anything the internet has conditioned us to expect more information than any company can reasonably deliver. I think the ability to enjoy most forms of media today is made harder because of it.

Looks fab! Can't wait to see it!
yet grammar police say ok with this type grammar. I c....

Anyway off the topic and down to the main topic, so developer, hows your project going, it been a month as I just wanna check on you developers see how you going with no stress or not dieing from issue number X0 (a list you do not want to know).

Anyway off the topic and down to the main topic, so developer, hows your project going, it been a month as I just wanna check on you developers see how you going with no stress or not dieing from issue number X0 (a list you do not want to know).
In game development terms a month isn't a long time. They are probably still doing the changeover and evaluating the new course for Otherworld. Business moves slowly and all that.

I agree with Proto Persona. Im sure that when Pipeworks and Re-Logic are done with their evaluation, updating the logo, etc and things like this, they will return with a loud bang :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom