tModLoader Chaos Edition! Mod

GreenyNeko

Official Terrarian

Terraria: Chaos Edition! is a mod that has been inspired by Super Mario 64: Chaos Edition! (made by Kaze Emanuar)

The premise is simple: Every few seconds a random effect is enabled that can go on for a few seconds making the game chaotic.

Features

There are 24 effects in this version:
  • random buffs
  • random debuffs
  • teleport potion effect
  • magic mirror effect
  • healing deals damage instead
  • spawn random enemy
  • change hardmode
  • display random text
  • starts random event (regardless of requirements)
  • skips to night/day
  • swaps base mana and life
  • removes the ability to build or remove blocks
  • random monolith effect
  • converts a random convertable block to crimson/corruption or hallow
  • disables gravity for players and NPCs
  • plays random music
  • plays a random sound
  • adds a random effect to NPCs
  • recolors NPCs
  • enables / disables christmas! D:
  • no more flying and worming xD
  • free dangersense! but all blocks are dangerous
  • random pet
  • smash bros-like physics :D
Changelog
Changelog v1.2.1:
  • Fixed a logic error making events happen every ~5-7s instead of 5-30s
  • Left the test spawn rate of effects in making effects happen every 5-20 sec instead of ~30s
Changelog v1.2.0:
  • Split random buffs into random buffs and random pets effects
  • Increased effect count to 24
  • Brought back the flyless enemies from the gravity effect as their own effect
  • Added a new effect to random NPC effects taking noclip away from enemies
Note: I thought about nerfing teleport but it's fine if you know some tricks, with the trick the probability to fail a boss due to being teleported away is 52%, without the trick 80% assuming you need the whole Terraria night (9 minutes) for the boss. The overall chance of being teleported is around ~8.33% every ~27s

Changelog v1.0.7:
  • Flying enemies are no longer affected by gravity when no gravity effect is inactive (this should fix portals too)
  • Code changes preparing for v2.0

Changelog v1.0.6:
  • No longer take damage when hovering over a heal item during healing deals damage

Changelog v1.0.5:
  • Some random enemy effects did not happen (random ai, regen, teleporting, gravityless)

Changelog v1.0.4:
  • Corrects health and mana after respawn
  • Attempt to fix health and mana saving wrong causing your max life to shrink
  • Attempt to fix enemy knockback after smash bros effect
Changelog v1.0.3:
  • Now reapplies life + mana swap after death to prevent life truncation
Changelog v1.0.2:
  • Now undo life and mana swap before saving to prevent life truncation
Changelog v1.0.1:
  • fixed gravity of smash bros and no gravity effect permanently overwriting each other
  • removed debug message from smash bros effect

Download

Available on tModLoader browser or via this mirror.

Last edited:
Neat! Challenges are amazing, but don't make them too unbalanced! (Unless if it's meant to be that way.) :D

Neat! Challenges are amazing, but don't make them too unbalanced! (Unless if it's meant to be that way.) :D
Perfect for me would be if it's still possible to beat all bosses without skipping too much in the game but it doesn't matter how long it takes the player to do that.
I already noticed that I missed some things in v1.0; I do think it is possible to complete the game and kill all bosses, though not very easy haha.

Aside from that, I try to balance it by mixing in effects that come with both advantages and disadvantages or neutral ones (the graphic effects, text etc. are considered neutral by me).

Then lastly, if I can make effects cause funny things happening, I think it's nice. There should be a balance between fun and frustration causing a unique player experience. I think that's the best way to describe it.

Unfortunately, it's all based on RNG so... I'm hoping people have fun xD

Also curious to see speedrunners try to beat this or one of the future planned version haha

Back
Top Bottom