Other Character Creation Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaMage314 🌳

Living Tree
This thread was made very late at night and might be lacking information or quality. You have been warned...

Recently when making a new character in Terraria, I realized that selecting a hairstyle is a cumbersome task that hasn't been improved since the game was first released. While selecting a hairstyle it's very easy to accidentally skip the one you wanted, and if you do skip it you will have to cycle through all 52 hairstyles again. One way this can be remedied is by allowing players to go back when selecting a hairstyle. There could be an arrow on each side that you click on to go forward and backward in the cycle.
Something else that would help is a preview of some hairstyles, specifically the one that is currently selected, the next one and the previous one. (I might post an image of what this would look like later).

One thing I think should be brought back is the old RBG sliders that we used to select color before 1.2. This wouldn't replace the new sliders, it would simply be an alternative option that players can use if they don't like the new sliders. (this part is exactly the same as a suggestion from TO that can be found here)

Last edited:
1.1 and 1.2 brought new hairstyles though, and before 1.1, genders were hairstyle-locked. They have been improving them.

Also, you can go back a hairstyle by right clicking. I believe this was pre 1.1?

About the sliders, I think it's been asked for a few times already and Redigit said he'd do something about it, I think.

Also, you can go back a hairstyle by right clicking. I believe this was pre 1.1?
*sees this at 3:00 AM*
*opens Terraria to test it out*
*facepalms*

That was the entire reason I decided to make this thread... I guess this idea is more or less redundant. I'm requesting a lock.
There's a lesson to be learned here, don't rush to post a thread, especially late at night. Do the research so you don't end up making something pointless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom