Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I have come across a strange bug that allowed me to accidentally duplicate items using the quick stack button in chests.

I was putting a shadow key into a gold chest using the quick stack button. There was already one shadow key in the chest which is why I clicked the quick stack button rather than just depositing it. I don't know exactly how this happened, but when I checked the chest a few minutes after quick stacking the shadow key I notice that I had three in the chest rather than two.

Later on I did the same thing with a sandcastle bucket and a shadow chest. There was already one of those items in the chest and I clicked the quick stack button to deposit the item into the chest. I check back a few minutes later to deposit more items and I notice that there was three sandcastle buckets instead of two.

I am not sure why this happened, but it might be related to the items having a max stack of one. I don't know what else could've caused it as I have not come across this with items being quick stacked that can hold more than one per space.

I have tried to replicate this glitch by quick stacking items in chests that have a max stack of one and have not been able to replicate it.

Back
Top Bottom