Mobile Chlorophyte farm not working

Scribbless

Skeletron Prime
So, I really want some nice chlorophyte weapons but I can't find any large veins of the stuff. I have found a bit of it and I have started a farm so I can spread some. This is my layout:
image.jpg

The picture is a little dark but I've got 4 5x5 dirt squares with one piece of chlorophyte in the middle. I have been on the game for more than an hour and not a single block has spread. My world is in hardmode, I have defeated Plantera, The Destroyer and The twins but I have yet do defeat Skeletron Prime. I think the ore spreads at one ore every five minutes or so :redmunch:. Is my farm in some kind of a dodgy layout or something? Please help! :confused:

How high up is it? The lower chlorophyte is, the faster it grows.
It's in the cavern layer. That's where it grows quickest there right?
The speed is always the same, as long as saturation(25 ores within a certain radius) is not met and it is deep enough. I have a farm that stretches from 400 ft below ground all the way to the underworld and they always reach max 5x5 at the same time.

For safety though, just try moving the farm down all the way to the underworld. At least you know it'll be deep enough.

The speed is always the same, as long as saturation(25 ores within a certain radius) is not met and it is deep enough. I have a farm that stretches from 400 ft below ground all the way to the underworld and they always reach max 5x5 at the same time.

For safety though, just try moving the farm down all the way to the underworld. At least you know it'll be deep enough.
Thanks!

You need
Mud blocks
Below ground

To optimise, you should
Keep aa distance of 100 feet between each farm "lump"
These lumps should be 5x5
For some reason it appears to me it grows way faster in the underground ice. And is less slowed down by crimson and corruption than hallow. But that's just what it seems like.

Back
Top Bottom