PC Chlorophyte Farm?

It is possible. I personally haven't made a farm yet. But the wiki does have some methods on how it grows which might help if I'm correct.

It's definitely possible. The wiki guide here might be a good place to start for basics, though its current state is a bit out of sorts -- I'm working on some fixes to improve presentation and correct some issues.

So far, the densest farm I've worked out (in 1.3) uses 8x5 wells of mud with a single ore seed in the middle of the well, with each well spaced horizontally 37 tiles apart. You could also adapt this vertically along a hellevator for convenience, but you might need to rotate the wells 90 degrees to keep them from deadlocking and not reaching peak capacity, or space them a bit further apart. Keep in mind that depending on your needs, a super efficient farm isn't always necessary -- a small scale farm in a convenient place that you harvest more frequently can be useful if you don't always need huge amounts of ore, and you don't have to wait for the farm to be completely transformed to mine ore (just remember to leave at least one ore behind when you're refilling the mud).

For the most efficient farming, only build in the cavern layer. Chlorophyte only spreads in the lower half of the underground, and much more sparsely.

For a bit more how-and-why of it (long and possibly boring), you can read my comments here. If you happen across anyone mentioning the number 92 in their advice, it's nonsense that was added to the wiki, and I since debunked and removed it.

Start with the guide, and feel free to ask any specific questions for things you're wondering about. :)

I have made a chlorophyte farm in my 1.3.XX expert world. There are a few rules you need to follow. The two main rules is that there can only be so much chlorophyte in one area, once this limit is reached it will no longer spread. The second rule is to make a farm, with the first rule in mind each section of chlorophyte needs to 90+ blocks apart.

Off the top of my head I believe the most that can spread in one area is a 7x6 block and then you need to move 90+ block away from that. Also the best depth would be about mid caverns area.
My farm
My farm is 7x5 just to be sure it all spreads at 92 blocks apart, again just to be safe and sure which yields 210 ore per havest :] Hope this helps.

I have made a chlorophyte farm in my 1.3.XX expert world. There are a few rules you need to follow. The two main rules is that there can only be so much chlorophyte in one area, once this limit is reached it will no longer spread. The second rule is to make a farm, with the first rule in mind each section of chlorophyte needs to 90+ blocks apart.

See my comment above. There's no 90 or 92 rule, and I've done some analysis on the spread algorithm to determine one of the most efficient layouts (see the linked Reddit post for some of the gory details). 8x5 wells spaced 37 blocks apart works just fine. Here's my farm, recently harvested and currently repopulating, yields 390 ore net at full capacity, but indefinitely scalable:

P6asgaX.png

This is in a normal world, but there's no indication that normal or expert is a factor in growth. I'll be recreating a similar version of this on my expert world soon to demonstrate.

I also need to test a similar design using 5x8 vertical pillar wells, but they might need a bit more space between to fully populate (possibly 38-39 tiles, haven't done the math yet).

Thanks. :) I've decided that Shroomite Plating hasn't gotten enough of the love it deserves in 1.3 and want to do some building with it. A quick pass across the mushrooms got me 205. The 390 ore will get me 65 Chlorophyte Bars. That's nowhere near the ideal ratio to turn all those Chlorophyte Bars into Shroomite Bars, but I figure in the time it takes for all the ore to spread, I can probably make enough passes to get the 975 mushrooms needed to make 65 bars (I already have a supplemental mushroom farm but I haven't been using it much, probably should).

Back
Top Bottom