Class Advise for a very newbie (kid) player (not me)

Loringo

Terrarian
Hi! I am playing Terraria with my 7 year old son. Sometimes we play together on Multiplayer, we play on Journey, since its more easy and allows a more casual play. Nevertheless, we already achieved the Hardmode after defeating the Wall. Now, my question is: what kind of class would be more easy to a kid? He plays worst than me as you may imagine. Would you advise a Melee type of guy, a Ranged one, Summoner or Magic? And if you say something like Magic or Summoner, I also ask if its easy to play (for a very newbie guy like him lol) with such low armor stats. My best guess is Range attacks, with something like a repeater, but its just my guess.

Thanks for your help:)

ranger requires a bit of aim and keeping distance but is very strong
mage is the most special with a lot of different attacks (if he wants a ton of special weapons
summoner is a bit hard in start but can destroy late game bosses
melee is the most Tanky one and deals decent damage but sometimes lacks range or homing attacks
i recommend ranger or melee

Ranger or magic. Melee is really weak, and Journey default is just so easy that defence doesn't matter.

Thanks for your advices.
About difficulty on Journey Mode, I changed the enemy bar to match a normal difficulty. It was to easy killing bosses.

With that we have some challenge now and we had lots of fun yesterday, dealing with a Pirate Invasion. At one point we were throwing dynamite to the pirates, blowing away lots of things and my son laughed a lot with such mess. :-D

Well, coming back on topic, I will take into account everything you guys said so I can help him. Thanks ;)

I'm not sure I'd push any class. Or maybe more to the point, push them all. When you want to stand back and let minions fight, pause, equip your summoner stuff, and have at it. He may well find a hybrid is the best for him -- good (melee) armor with ranged or magic weapons, for instance, with a heavier reliance on buff potions.

frost armor is a combination of melee and ranged
Forbidden Armor combines Magic and Summoner
And old one's army armour combines summoner with other classes

Back
Top Bottom