GOG
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows XP
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
By branches I mean the tree blocks that sprout sideways from the trunks of all trees except palm trees. This also happens with the Terraformer and doesn't seem to be affected by world seed (tested in celebrationmk10 and getfixedboi) or tree type (tested ash trees and regular surface trees).

I don't think it's supposed to do this? No other solution has this effect. Also, it doesn't destroy the lowest branches, the ones with 1 block separation between them and the ground, but it destroys all the ones above; it doesn't do anything to the canopy either. Maybe this bug is related to the fact that white/yellow solutions destroy trees when converting the blocks below them, since brown solution doesn't do this.

Last edited:
I tried this out, but I was not able to see the behaviour you're describing. Yellow Solution normally destroys trees outright. Can you please attach before + after screenshots or a GIF showing what you're seeing? Thank you!

Hmm, I just retested this and I'm getting some really inconsistent behaviour. First, let me clarify that this bug concerns shooting the trunk of the tree (where the branches are) with solution, not the block underneath to convert the entire tree, nor shooting at the canopy. Now, I noticed that white solution doesn't break the branches of regular surface trees but I was having some difficulty not hitting the block underneath the tree and decided to do some thorough tests with ash trees instead.

Here's precisely what I did (in 1.4.4.5, getfixedboi): Plant ash tree in the underworld near spawn, fertilise it then shoot the branches with Clentaminator.

What happened is that sometimes the solution I was using when first shooting the Clentaminator (could be either yellow or white, I don't think the type mattered) didn't do anything at all or broke some branches but not others. Then switching to the other solution allowed me to the remaining branches. Also, that thing I mentioned about the lowest branches being unaffected didn't apply at all this time, I could break every branch after switching solutions.

This bug is making me really confused and isn't really important anyway, so I think I'll stop investigating here. Try doing what I did and see if you can replicate it, if not then it's fine.

Sorry, it's been a while, but I tried this again.
Insofar as non-ashwood trees go, I could not reproduce any issues. For ashwood trees, I observed they were very subtly reacting to white/yellow solution, but were not breaking.

It's possible this is only affecting certain tree styles, or that it was fixed between 1.4.4.5 and 1.4.4.7. If you come across this again, please take before and after screenshots (if possible) or a screenshot of the tree type(s) that are affected. Thanks!

I retested this in 1.4.4.7 some time ago and did a quick test in 1.4.4.9 just now with Ash Trees and Yellow Solution and it's still happening. That time when I investigated this more thoroughly it seemed to happened with every tree, though I only tested on like ash trees, regular surface trees and maybe snow trees. I also forgot to mention I did everything on Journey Mode.

If nobody can reproduce this, then could it be that I've found a hidden feature exclusive to 32bit Windows Vista that lets me use the Clentaminator to strip the branches of lots of trees quickly? Y'know, in case I ever need a way to swiftly give all my trees a phallic appearance.

Back
Top Bottom