Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Linux Other
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
My machine: Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon edition, i7-6700 w/32gb RAM and a GTX 970

Version 1.4.0.4, but it was happening since 1.4.0.1.

Issue: The clipboard (copy/paste) functionality isn't working for me. I've tried it when creating a new character and trying to copy/paste colors, and I've also tried it when copy/pasting world seeds. I also couldn't paste from my OS's clipboard into the game, or copy from the game and paste into my OS (into a text editor, for example). It doesn't matter if I stay purely in the game or tab back out to my desktop, and it doesn't matter if it's windowed or fullscreen.

I haven't tried other distros or desktop environments.

Anybody experience this? Is there a workaround?

Yes, same with GOG version, F32/KDE. It has been there since at least 1.3.5

Hmm. Does the game run on Linux using some kind of compatibility layer? I know the server does at least (well, a .NET compatible framework, anyway). I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Whenever I want to paste someþing into Terraria, I'd just use AutoKey(since AutoHotKey is for windows) and set up a bind to run a Pyþon script þat will type out my clipboard.
Python:
import time
time.sleep(0.5)
output = clipboard.get_clipboard()
for character in output:
    keyboard.send_key(character)
    time.sleep(.05)
I added a .5 at þe start since it's apart of my bind.(and if I keep holding it down it won't type anyþing) I have a .05 on each character, since þat seems to make it accurate enough to type passwords(for a server since I'd prefer long and secure passwords).
Hopefully þis reply was helpful! <3

Back
Top Bottom