lootitem1.png
lootitem2.png
lootitem3.png
lootitem4.png

to start on this mod kill NPC friend or foe all drop them randomly
this box here
gridbox.png

in that box u get 2 things

cardpacks for the cards (no weapons in these at all)
the cards sell for 1 silver a piece making a OUHE pack doubles the money
cardpack1.png

lootpacks for the lootitems these are for weapons
lootpack1.png

the guide can help with all the recipes

1.2 added tear 4 yellow to the lootweapons
lootsword4.png
lootpistol4.png
lootpack4.png
lootitem4.png
lootbullets4.png

here is more or less all things in the demo

bandicam 2016-11-25 22-26-37-441.jpg

Last edited:
I have a few notes:
First, the sprites are not very good. They use a lot of 1x1 pixels with black outlines and no shading. For terraria sprites, all 3 of these are a big nono.

Ontop of this, i see a few recolors of examplemod in there.

Also, if you're going to put the effort into this, the least you can do is make the spelling and style more formal. It being your first time isn't an excuse.

Hello Polygon,

When posting and giving feedback, it is expected that you have a certain amount of content to your posts. Enough to make it understood and contribute to the discussion at hand. And just saying "yes" makes it vague to understand what you mean "yes" to in this case. It isn't enough content, and if you mean to show your support for this Mod, it is advised to use the "like" button in cases such as this rather than to make posts along the lines of "Agree/+1" as outlined in our Rules & Culture.

Please keep this in mind as you post in the future and feel free to ask myself or any of the Staff Members more questions/clarifications about this.

I have a few notes:
First, the sprites are not very good. They use a lot of 1x1 pixels with black outlines and no shading. For terraria sprites, all 3 of these are a big nono.

Also, if you're going to put the effort into this, the least you can do is make the spelling and style more formal. It being your first time isn't an excuse.

to start with i am not a texture guy and hardly knows codeing

and yes the coloring is simple that was my goal from the start to keep it simple
lootitems can change textures to not simple copy example mod at some point
the cards are set and wont change

no idea what "1x1 pixels" means

spelling as not easy as i dont have english as main and i was selftaught
from the internet and as u know thats not the best place to get that from

I have a few notes:

Hey man real quick go easy on the guy not every one is good at spriteing some are better at codeing or brainstorming he seems to be goo at brainstorming wich is great always good to have new ideas on the community, if he can't sprite that well give him advise or it could just be his sprite creation software" you could also tell him better spriteing software" but please go easy this is the man's first time on the posting a mod on the community give advise,tips.ideas. don't just tell him everything that is wrong with it and not even give a word of advise on how to fix thanks

Hey man real quick go easy on the guy not every one is good at spriteing some are better at codeing or brainstorming he seems to be goo at brainstorming wich is great always good to have new ideas on the community, if he can't sprite that well give him advise or it could just be his sprite creation software" you could also tell him better spriteing software" but please go easy this is the man's first time on the posting a mod on the community give advise,tips.ideas. don't just tell him everything that is wrong with it and not even give a word of advise on how to fix thanks
But... he did give him advice on how to fix it, albeit less directly. He pointed out the 1x1 pixels, the lack of shading, and the outlines, all of which are things he could work on to improve the quality of his sprites. I also doubt this is due to the "sprite creation software", as I don't know what art program would result in 1x1 pixels without shading, and he can't recommend a better one anyways as dini never disclosed what program they were using. Lastly, if people "went easy" on him just because this was his first mod, he wouldn't be able to improve the quality of his work, and his second mod would be no better than this one.

to start with i am not a texture guy and hardly knows codeing
no idea what "1x1 pixels" means
Terraria sprites are normally 2x2, meaning that they are actually made up of 4 pixels of one color which are all connected in a square shape. 1x1 just means that they are only made up of single pixels, which is unusual for Terraria sprites.

But... he did give him advice on how to fix it, albeit less directly. He pointed out the 1x1 pixels, the lack of shading, and the outlines, all of which are things he could work on to improve the quality of his sprites. I also doubt this is due to the "sprite creation software", as I don't know what art program would result in 1x1 pixels without shading, and he can't recommend a better one anyways as dini never disclosed what program they were using. Lastly, if people "went easy" on him just because this was his first mod, he wouldn't be able to improve the quality of his work, and his second mod would be no better than this one.

Terraria sprites are normally 2x2, meaning that they are actually made up of 4 pixels of one color which are all connected in a square shape. 1x1 just means that they are only made up of single pixels, which is unusual for Terraria sprites.

makes sense i knew that but not the way it was used here "1x1 pixels"

but i am not going to changes the collecting cards texture they are as they are ment to be 1x1 pixels black outline no shading as they are ment to be simple

the lootitems are on the other hand not final and can change

makes sense i knew that but not the way it was used here "1x1 pixels"

but i am not going to changes the collecting cards texture they are as they are ment to be 1x1 pixels black outline no shading as they are ment to be simple

the lootitems are on the other hand not final and can change
They don't fit terraria's style. At all. You can pull of basic look without them looking out of place. If anything, that makes them look even less "simple".
Here
[doublepost=1480379302,1480379210][/doublepost]also
Gotta agree with gord here. Even if it was a little harsh, "going easy on him" won't make him get any better.

Also ill be blatantly honest here....

The community needs more coders and spriters, NOT brainstormers

Reactions: 000
Back
Top Bottom