Weapons & Equip Combine Enemy Banners for Equipped Traveling Buffs

deestopia

Terrarian
We should be able to use the loom to craft and combine a certain number of enemy banners (maybe into a cape) together to have traveling buffs.

Imagine combining five enemy banners from the Jungle Biome to have the buffs present as you continue to explore the biome.

Imagine combining enemy banners for lunar events, solar eclipses,etc.

It would add another level of character customization.

On top of this, it would be very handy to be able to combine a bunch of banners so you can place them all on one tile instead of having 30 different banners hanging all over the place. Or perhaps just being able to put several onto one block.

Some time ago I came up with this same idea, but never shared it because it seemed too big for what was at the time the final final final final final update™.

It basically just turned all of the banners into accessories and created a very long and complex crafting tree that ultimately combined all banners into the Banner of the Terrarian.

All banners at any point in the tree could be worn or placed, but you you could only wear one banner at a time, and any banner you wore overrode any banners that were placed in the world.

Also wearing a banner would place it just above and behind the player, and it would wave when the player moves.

I have my doubts the team would do this (probably OP as hell and would require all sorts of sprite work they don’t have time for) but it sounds awesome beyond all reason. Plus the banner crafting tree would serve as a “tangible” token for your progress through the game.

We should be able to use the loom to craft and combine a certain number of enemy banners (maybe into a cape) together to have traveling buffs.

Imagine combining five enemy banners from the Jungle Biome to have the buffs present as you continue to explore the biome.

Imagine combining enemy banners for lunar events, solar eclipses,etc.

It would add another level of character customization.
I'd love this. I really don't use banners much because I always find them annoying to move around and I usually run out of room for them. But this would finally get me to collect them and see value in them.

Back
Top Bottom