tModLoader ConciseGuns | A gun and some upgrades. Now go shoot some stuff.

Should I continue coding upgrades to this gun?

• Total voters

Anubeia

Terrarian
Concise.

Definition : Isn't it a song by Audioslave? A word meaning to explain succinctly; with as few words as possible, whilst retaining the meaning that one intends. (Effectively the opposite to what I am currently doing.)

If you obtained the stock Handgun in your travels through the dungeon, you will find that the lone upgrade; the Phoenix Blaster, can only be sourced and crafted from bars made of Hellstone, meaning you'll need to spend a lot of time in the Underworld... a place that you'd rather not be in. However, if this unrealistically specific circumstance bothers you, help is at hand. With this mod, you gain the ability to upgrade the Handgun (with Crimtane and/or Demonite bars along with a pre-hardmode accessory that is rather ironic in its perceived effect) into a rather different pistol.

Depending on how well this goes, I may release updates sporadically. This could get pretty nuts with how many different variants of a model there'd be if I made a model for every stage in the game, so if you enjoy the prospect of spending time crafting a weapon and having it be virtually useless within a few minutes of gameplay, this may not be the mod for you. In future. If you'd like to see what I've made, feel free to download the mod. The sprites are my own work, and as of 0.13 the sounds are mixed by me as well.

promo.png

0.11 : Initial Release (9th January 2020)

FEATURES

• P05 Mark I and P05 Mark II are implemented.
  • Crafting recipes for the aforementioned items are included.
0.12 : First update (12th January 2020)

FEATURES
  • Non-linear crafting
    You can skip upgrades if you have the required resources to perform the multiple crafting operations

• More upgrades to see the weapon's utility increase to cover the entirety of pre-Hardmode
    You now have the ability to install packages to the gun. Unlike the direct upgrades, these can be applied at any time.
0.13 : Back from the dead! (5th of August 2021)

FEATURES

• 1 new upgrade

• Sprite redesign (looks better, IMO.)

• Gun makes cool noise now.

CraftTree.png

Attachments

• ConciseGuns 0.13.zip
    114.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
ConciseGuns' first update has been completed.

Added:
+ 1 new sidegrade.
+ 7 items, inclusive of 1 new bar exclusive to this mod, 5 crafting items and 1 resultant item used to upgrade.

+ Accessibility tweaks.
+ Partial non-linear crafting is of the most importance. "Partial" is the key word, as it will allow you to skip forward in the tree if you have the materials to make the final result... but at the moment you can't do the same for the creation of the crafting items behind it. There is no single driving reason behind this, but the most prominent would be the fact that it would kind of take away the joy of crafting it.

In case this statement doesn't make any sense (and I fully understand that), here's an example.
Let's say you have the standard P05; freshly crafted, and you want to get to the best gun as quickly as possible. Linear crafting would force you to go through the tree in order, so the fastest way would be:

Mark 1 to Mark 1-A to Mark 2-A
or
Mark 1 to Mark 2 to Mark 2-A

However, this new system will allow you to complete all those operations with only a single click. If you have;

a) x7 Crimtane Bar (or) x7 Demonite Bar
b) x7 Meteorite Bar
and c) x1 "Accuracy Package"

you will find that the top upgrade will be available, ergo you have the ability to skip them, and upgrade your base P05 directly to the top P05 Mark II-A variant. Combined with the ability to install the newly-implemented package at any time, this will streamline crafting. This does not apply to crafting the components; meaning you can't create Fastening Clips if you possess the Bronze and Iron required to craft the Nuts and Bolts you will need. (But as a compromise you *can* craft it if you have 4 Nuts and 2 Bolts; equivalent to the two Fasteners the recipe calls for)

The best thing, though? Completely optional.

Last edited:
I'll be honest... I forgot about this mod. Upon rediscovering it, I felt extremely guilty just leaving the people who tried out the mod with what is just an unfinished idea. Although the reasons for my absence stem from my mental state degrading heavily, I feel like I'm still fit enough to outrun the negativity. As such, I will hopefully release more updates shortly... as soon as I can regain my grip on coding software, that is.

0.13 is complete and is now public.

+ Sprite redesign
+ New custom sound
+ 1 new upgrade : Mark III

Coding process wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered. Working on the new update now, but could take some time depending on my energy levels.

Back
Top Bottom